Checking around for photograhers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

k220

Aug 6, 2004
Singapore
Hei guys & gals,

I am helping a friend to look for photograhers who are willing to contruibute free to shoot some models in exchange to build portfolio for all parties. Will not be so soon for the shoots but just wish to check out the photograhers to find the right ones.

The shoots will be very strong model shoots rather than the usual course ones (casual). At the same time, I would need to see the portfolio of the photograhers.

Below are 2 examples of what shoots we are looking for, both pictures are the same model. *she is not the model you will be shooting, this is just an example of the type of shoots we are looking for*

Thanks with regards,
K220

12490leather.jpg

12490sixties-med.jpg

Maybe you will wanna let the photographers know the makeup artist cost is to be beared by the photographers or the agency?

If you are going to have different feels to the models as what you have shown, that means that will be change in makeup and hair styling.

And in the end, will photo credits be given to various parties say the photographs are beings used for comp card?

Wahhhh free shoot still must see portfolio... :)

Ya lor, sometimes it is good to experiment something new ..... :bsmilie:

Buzzz me ... if my timing/schedule allows .. ;)

espn said:
Wahhhh free shoot still must see portfolio... :)

agree.

if got good portfolios, photogs dun need these type of 'free model shoot'.

those who need to do free shoots only because they need to build portfolio.

why not let photogs see models' portfolio also.......

Woah, I can see another war emerging, though I wouldn't want to be the one starting it. ;p

K220, if you want photogs to do free portfolio shoots for models, then I think you should not select. Just ask who's interested in a free portfolio shoot and let them come and shoot. You then pick the best out of the best.

Of course, if you want it to be nicely and professionally done, then I think need to come up with some $ lah. Good stuff don't come free IMHO. I'm not implying that free stuff are not nice and professional, but professional stuff definitely involves a cost.

Hope you don't mind my very frank opinion.

Hi
I don't mind doing it but want more info first ie: is there any cost we need to cover, what will it be used for, when is the shoot, where is the shoot, copyrights....etc. The photos you have shown look simple enough and can be done in my studio.

The photos you have shown look simple enough and can be done in my studio.

Wow, you own a studio and will still do model shoots for free!? You still need shots for your portfolio?

This just seems like another case of "You can come and shoot a beautiful girl for free and we get all the model portfolios done for free". It's not a fair deal in my opinion. What about time/costs/wear&tear??

Virgo said:
Woah, I can see another war emerging.

K220, if you want photogs to do free portfolio shoots for models, then I think you should not select. Just ask who's interested in a free portfolio shoot and let them come and shoot. You then pick the best out of the best.

Of course, if you want it to be nicely and professionally done, then I think need to come up with some $ lah. Good stuff don't come free IMHO. I'm not implying that free stuff are not nice and professional, but professional stuff definitely involves a cost.

Hope you don't mind my very frank opinion.
Hi Virgo,
If K220 cannot choose photographers because it is free, what if someone inexperience in model shoot and join in, don’t you think is a waste of time for K220 and the models?

Perhaps K220 should rephrase the question: Is there any professional willing to do TFP/TFCD for the models or not?

Phildate said:
Wow, you own a studio and will still do model shoots for free!? You still need shots for your portfolio?

This just seems like another case of "You can come and shoot a beautiful girl for free and we get all the model portfolios done for free". It's not a fair deal in my opinion. What about time/costs/wear&tear??
Portfolio needs to update very frequently, whether you are professional model or photographers, this is the tool help us to make a living. We don’t use paid client as guinea pig, only try out new idea or experiment new tools or technique on test shoot like this.

Portfolio needs to update very frequently, whether you are professional model or photographers, this is the tool help us to make a living. We don’t use paid client as guinea pig, only try out new idea or experiment new tools or technique on test shoot like this.

Fair enough

The 'catchlight' here is free. As espn has highlighted: 'free also must see portfolio'?

The rephrase should be: Is there any professional willing to do TFP/TFCD for the models for FREE? ;p

catchlights said:
Hi Virgo,
If K220 cannot choose photographers because it is free, what if someone inexperience in model shoot and join in, don’t you think is a waste of time for K220 and the models?

Perhaps K220 should rephrase the question: Is there any professional willing to do TFP/TFCD for the models or not?

catchlights said:

Agreed .. cilents would not want to see the portfolio you created 10 years ago .. :bsmilie: keep the portfolio current .. :)

OK. This is fair enough. For this case, I have a question. How about copyrights? Should this be the photographer's or model's? Or both? I would presume the latter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

catchlights said:

wat is the purpose of this shoot?
copy right?

Virgo said:
The 'catchlight' here is free. As espn has highlighted: 'free also must see portfolio'?

The rephrase should be: Is there any professional willing to do TFP/TFCD for the models for FREE? ;p
TFP/TFCD is known free liao, you give me your TIME, I give you PRINT/CD.

Virgo said:
OK. This is fair enough. For this case, I have a question. How about copyrights? Should this be the photographer's or model's? Or both? I would presume the latter. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Both parties agree on the copyrights issue before shoot commence, remember nobody can force you to do anything that you don’t like or don’t feel right. :)

catchlights said:
TFP/TFCD is known free liao, you give me your TIME, I give you PRINT/CD.

catchlights,

I strongly agreed as what u say, I m on ur side. I m goin for TPF/TFCD, let me to join u also.

300N said:
catchlights,

I strongly agreed as what u say, I m on ur side. I m goin for TPF/TFCD, let me to join u also.
Join me? who said I’ll be shooting for k220's models friends? I didn't PM he at all. :dunno: Maybe someone kind enough and ask me come and hold reflector than I got chance get involve. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.