Check out today's CompTimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
The Canon 300D promotion is official!

They seem to be giving away the Air Purifier (Wad da heck?) and 1GB of online storage (of cos, with the 75 - 300mm lens).

Strange gifts Canon is giving out these dayz.

The last PC Show a week ago, they gave out B&W TV or a battery operated scooter (if you top up $38 cash) for every purchase of a Printer. Now's an air purifier... What's next? I'd rather they give away a dry box.... :cool:

jsbn said:

They seem to be giving away the Air Purifier (Wad da heck?) and 1GB of online storage (of cos, with the 75 - 300mm lens).

The last PC Show a week ago, they gave out B&W TV or a battery operated scooter (if you top up $38 cash) for every purchase of a Printer. Now's an air purifier... What's next? I'd rather they give away a dry box.... :cool:

Probably to make them stinking Canons smell sweet...(Opps! thinking aloud again)... :blah: :bsmilie:

would be more interesting if they couple the 300D with a 28-105 :D:D:D

or perhaps a tripod?

or perhaps a 512 cf? (dun mind even if its a cheapo one)

or perhaps a free trip to anywhere within the region? (more chances to take photos)

or perhaps... just simply lower the price...

yeah... you think thats bad?
i went to kfc at kallang the other day... and they gave me free shampoo.
...i mean... what the heck man...

Its a pity they did not include CFs or Dry Boxes in as gifts. It might be good for camera noobs starting out (like me).

jsbn said:

I thought this promo already out/official for sometime? ;p

jsbn said:

I think they have run out of ideas!
Why can't these mkgt guys be more honest and give us cheaper prices instead of all these silly gifts? Probably there are still some countries which are still importing such "old models" at the old prices?

The best gift idea for printers is still the free trolley for those Cash and Carry.
The best gift idea for digicam should be those storage cards, the higher the more attractive (when r they giving out the 1Gb card?).

nicholaslee said:
I thought this promo already out/official for sometime? ;p

yes it was but excuse jsbn. he is suddenly aware of the 300d after years of being a sony user. ;)

jsbn said:

bro....you seriously considering 300d already?

yo jsbn, come come, buy buy buy, we go buy together, i buy 10D you buy 300D :blah:

jsbn said:
The last PC Show a week ago, they gave out B&W TV or a battery operated scooter (if you top up $38 cash) for every purchase of a Printer.

B&W TV? Now that's a really strange gift.

madmacs said:
yes it was but excuse jsbn. he is suddenly aware of the 300d after years of being a sony user. ;)
U couldn't have put it any better....

Apart from the picture quality (lotsa noise ahhhh!!!), almost full auto mode with no manual overrides, poor optical zoom, made me a little fustrated. And when it gave way after a mere 1.5yrs in service, I'm going crazy.

Considering the 300D seriously now... Partly due to the lens give-away promotion. Maybe later go and have a look. If feel its ok, maybe go and get it.

caseytan said:
yo jsbn, come come, buy buy buy, we go buy together, i buy 10D you buy 300D :blah:
No money for 10D..... :(

Furthermore I'm a real noob. 300D would suffice as I learn. It'll be an insult for the 10D if I am holding it in my hands... :)

jsbn said:
No money for 10D..... :(

Furthermore I'm a real noob. 300D would suffice as I learn. It'll be an insult for the 10D if I am holding it in my hands... :)

wah lau....you kena from that woman until now you cockeye liao. he say he buy 10d....you buy 300d. :(

300D!! BUY BUY!!!! ;p

jsbn boy boy, i say i buy 10D lar.. i never ask you buy 10D what... you better take off that eye patch of yours :D

madmacs said:
wah lau....you kena from that woman until now you cockeye liao. he say he buy 10d....you buy 300d. :(

300D!! BUY BUY!!!! ;p
casey is a he, she or a 'shem'? :bigeyes:

Anyway, a little sleepy now... Muz be the lunch juz now... :embrass:

Got a lot to learn, dun get pissed off by the persistent messaging every night though... :sweat:

BTW, juz a side question, if I'm going to take photos thru a closed clear window, is polarising filter a must?

Tetrode said:
Probably to make them stinking Canons smell sweet...(Opps! thinking aloud again)... :blah: :bsmilie:

No, should be to cover up their stinking deals and make them smell sweet. :D

jsbn said:
BTW, juz a side question, if I'm going to take photos thru a closed clear window, is polarising filter a must?

not really, most of the time i never use but i like to shoot out of the window but the window must be clean.

try for yourself lar.

Status
Not open for further replies.