Check out this ring flash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiemus

May 21, 2004
Small island....
Ray Flash from Expo Imaging
http://www.expoimaging.net/products...productname=Ray_Flash:_The_Ring_Flash_Adapter

ringflash_2_300.jpg

Looks interesting and may even give some of you ideas on making one yourself! The price is a turnoff though. At US$249.95, I'm better off buying an original ring flash.

i think , this is not the same as a macro ring flash
instead it is meant to replace the more powerful studio ring flash

but expensive it is

hmm, looks very interesting. I differ slightly in opinions. Will wait and see some reviews, if good, can consider - why not? - owning gadgets, within ones resources, is part of this hobby -IMHO.

I'm sure most of us, unless the very pro/experienced, has situation where the power of the flash cannot be used - or dun noe how to use. This should eliminate this problem, and double for close up...)

#1, someone posted this before.
#2, Nikon don't have a ring flash now.
#3, it is not for macro work, more like for portrait and fashion
#4, most ring flash is not that powerful
#5, it is better carry this than carry a portable battery powerpack with ring flash lamp head.

#1, someone posted this before.
#2, Nikon don't have a ring flash now.
#3, it is not for macro work, more like for portrait and fashion
#4, most ring flash is not that powerful
#5, it is better carry this than carry a portable battery powerpack with ring flash lamp head.

Nikon don't have ring flash meh? have wat heheh... just cost you an arm and a 1/2 a leg heh... okay mayb eyou referring to the micro ring flash but it is still a ring flash and I have seen people use it like a normal flash abeit not too far a distance.

opps...sorry I guess the one Nikon have can't be considered a ring flash as it is only like two semin circle halves...my bad (Speedlight SB-29s)

i think , this is not the same as a macro ring flash
instead it is meant to replace the more powerful studio ring flash

but expensive it is

This one can't replace a studio ring flash in my opinion. The way this one works is like using prism to redirect the flash from your normal SB flash unit to travel through a seriesl of prism and then flush out around the ring and then out towards your subject. Micro is fine but longer throw to shoot models full length?

This attaches onto your flash... Perhaps a.. Compatible version will come out? Like the Compatible gary fong gear?

This one can't replace a studio ring flash in my opinion. The way this one works is like using prism to redirect the flash from your normal SB flash unit to travel through a seriesl of prism and then flush out around the ring and then out towards your subject. Micro is fine but longer throw to shoot models full length?

For longer throw and overcoming ambient light for fashion work, the actual ring flash has a large flash tube surrounding the lens, with an efficient silver reflector. This will ensure proper light distribution and no fall-off.

Plus you need an efficient driver (more powerful flash) as compared to a hotshoe mount flash for it to be effective.

RD_ringflash2.jpg

For longer throw and overcoming ambient light for fashion work, the actual ring flash has a large flash tube surrounding the lens, with an efficient silver reflector. This will ensure proper light distribution and no fall-off.

Plus you need an efficient driver (more powerful flash) as compared to a hotshoe mount flash for it to be effective.

RD_ringflash2.jpg

WAH!!..that is like the mother of all Ring Flash hahahahah.....:bigeyes:

don't think you will lost much power with this ring flash adapter, compare to shooting a sb800 with omnibounce aim direct.

anyway, see the studio ring flash post by Kenneth? that is only the lamp head only, you still need to carry a power pack or a portable battery pack around, but of course, this is for some serious ring flash work.

Status
Not open for further replies.