check for hot/dead pixel, here is the solution


Status
Not open for further replies.

volk

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
197
0
0
West, Singapore
Visit site
What is the accept number of hot and dead pixels?

I have run the test for my 2040z at 1/10, 1, 2, 4, 6 s

Threshold set at 60 hot pixel and 250 dead pixels (default)

here are the results:


Shutter Hot Dead
1/10 0 0
1 4 0
2 4 0
4 12 0
6 22 0


Is this acceptable?
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by volk
What is the accept number of hot and dead pixels?

I have run the test for my 2040z at 1/10, 1, 2, 4, 6 s

Threshold set at 60 hot pixel and 250 dead pixels (default)

here are the results:


Shutter Hot Dead
1/10 0 0
1 4 0
2 4 0
4 12 0
6 22 0


Is this acceptable?
U should get 0, 0 at 4 sec if possible.

This is mine (after remapping + firmware upgrade):

ISO 100, 7mm, F2.8, Auto WB, TIFF

Shutter.....Hot (60) Dead (250)

4...............0 0
5...............0 0
6...............0 0
8...............2 0
10.............7 0
13.............16 0
 

volk

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
197
0
0
West, Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by Jayan


U should get 0, 0 at 4 sec if possible.

This is mine (after remapping + firmware upgrade):

ISO 100, 7mm, F2.8, Auto WB, TIFF

Shutter.....Hot (60) Dead (250)

4...............0 0
5...............0 0
6...............0 0
8...............2 0
10.............7 0
13.............16 0

That mean I should take my DC for the firmware upgrade...
will need to take timeoff to go after MArch (since linus say they not free)

I hope to see other people's results here too...perhaps other DC's results...
 

ark19

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
3,111
0
0
43
SG
Here's my results:
C700UZ Tiff:1600x1200 wb:auto ISO:100 f/4.0 5.9mm
No dead pix! Whew :)

Shutter~hotpix
1/30~0
1~0
2~0
3.2~0
4~0
5~4
6~4
8~25

Suprised that the hot pix count shot up from 4@6s to 25@8s! :eek:
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by ark19
Here's my results:
C700UZ Tiff:1600x1200 wb:auto ISO:100 f/4.0 5.9mm
No dead pix! Whew :)

Shutter~hotpix
1/30~0
1~0
2~0
3.2~0
4~0
5~4
6~4
8~25

Suprised that the hot pix count shot up from 4@6s to 25@8s! :eek:
Urs quite good also leh!

Most night shots u'll do at abt 3 to 4 sec anyway so u r pretty well covered here.

The reason why the hot pixels shoot up so high from 6 to 8 sec maybe due to the CCD heating up.
 

hong

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
426
0
0
Visit site
is this a common problem of oly cameras?? don seem to see users complaining abt other brands
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by hong
is this a common problem of oly cameras?? don seem to see users complaining abt other brands
All brands also have what.....just that some has Noise Reduction function while others has a min shutter speed that's fast enuff to not develope any hot pixels.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.