Cheating attempt by Nokia Service Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

slato

Jan 14, 2005
I brought my 4-days old Nokia N73 to the service centre because the camera was faulty (ehm... quality control???). Never mind, the phone was fixed and ready in 2 days.

However,
when I collected the phone, the service man showed me the form that I signed earlier. Above my signature, in the "comments" box, it was written that the phone had a scratch on the menu keys.

Alright, that was "funny" (so to speak) as I didn't see the mark before, and the phone is only 4 days old! But then, thinking about it... It was not scratched when I brought it in, I'm absolutely sure! And now, inspecting the phone carefully, I could see other scratches on the sides, as if some clumsy person tried to open it with a screwdriver.

I notified the service man that the phone was not scratched when I brought it, and the remark on the form was added after I signed it (indeed, the other form that was given to me didn't mention any scratch in the remarks).

He disappeared for almost 15 minutes, and came back with a phone that looked like brand new, and apologized for the "incident". They now changed the case and put in the circuitry of my own phone.

Moral of the story: if you keep your eyes wide open, you may get an alright service from Nokia. If you don't, then don't be surprised later if you discover that you got cheated in some ways.

Am I right?

I'm not surprised this has happened.

There were several complaints regarding issues like these.

Which NCC did you go to?

I will never buy another nokia phone after my current one. I bought my phone sometime sept last year. The keypad became unresponsive after less than a day. Nokia does not have a 1-1 exchange policy, unlike many other brands. They do not even have any 7 day exchange, ie I have to wait for a few working days before my I get back my less than 24hrs phone. Nor do they have any spare phone to let.My wife bought the exact same phone with me together, and her phone keypad broke down after a week and she had to face the same delays.

Talk about quality control and connecting people....

insanne said:
Talk about quality control and connecting people....

You mean - Disconnecting people.

My 9500 communicator "self-reboots" every once in a while when it feels like it.

Its hinge has problems which nokia knows its a design flaw and will not address it (still got the cheek to ask me to pay!) ... sold it off.

No more nokia for me - period.

Motorola or SE any day. :thumbsup:

Since the days of the 8250 / 6510 .. the quality has gone downhill from there. Daren't touch any of their phones now.

dEthANGeL said:
You mean - Disconnecting people.

My 9500 communicator "self-reboots" every once in a while when it feels like it.

Its hinge has problems which nokia knows its a design flaw and will not address it (still got the cheek to ask me to pay!) ... sold it off.

No more nokia for me - period.

Motorola or SE any day. :thumbsup:

Since the days of the 8250 / 6510 .. the quality has gone downhill from there. Daren't touch any of their phones now.

Talking about 9500...bought mine 1st Jan 06 sent in for service 1st Jan 06 - 1 hr later. Walau no one to one exchange even its open box failure. 2 weeks later, like no service at all and say nothing can be done. Fault: LCD split image. Sold off last then a month....

NO NO NO NO becos I KIA (hokkien means scare) liao

it was the Nokia Service Centre in Wheelock place.

My post is not actually to complain about the phones, but to point out this lame attempt to rip a customer.

Put the blame on me for a technician that did a substandard job? I can't tell you how pissed I was.

BTW, the fault of the camera was a black patch on all photos. It did not occur after purchase, but was there from starters. I just didn't notice it earlier, until taking a couple shots.

tomorrow i'm gonna collect my N70 from them, scary.

Nokia - Product and service; no noticable difference. Both suck. :bsmilie:

I gave up on Nokia phones bcuz it's firmware was too buggy and it cannot support high capacity MMC. I was using 6820.

Hope they squared up in the N-series and not go the way like M$ previously.

Anyway, I jump to HP liao. :)

huh? you guys still with Nokia? mhy last nokia phone was the 8310 after which i told myself never to get another nokia. so NO to Nokia.

I've read about the bad Nokia service centre at Wheelock place from Hardwarezone.

It must really be bad as the people have put up the names of the staff with the bad service.

My wife got a nokia which I brought for her. In the end, she keep travelling to the SC every 3 mths for abt 3 times. In the end, the phone then ok to use but warrently almost expire. :thumbsd:

Mass production comes mass repercussions...:bsmilie:

slato said:
I brought my 4-days old Nokia N73 to the service centre because the camera was faulty (ehm... quality control???). Never mind, the phone was fixed and ready in 2 days.

However,
when I collected the phone, the service man showed me the form that I signed earlier. Above my signature, in the "comments" box, it was written that the phone had a scratch on the menu keys.

Alright, that was "funny" (so to speak) as I didn't see the mark before, and the phone is only 4 days old! But then, thinking about it... It was not scratched when I brought it in, I'm absolutely sure! And now, inspecting the phone carefully, I could see other scratches on the sides, as if some clumsy person tried to open it with a screwdriver.

I notified the service man that the phone was not scratched when I brought it, and the remark on the form was added after I signed it (indeed, the other form that was given to me didn't mention any scratch in the remarks).

He disappeared for almost 15 minutes, and came back with a phone that looked like brand new, and apologized for the "incident". They now changed the case and put in the circuitry of my own phone.

Moral of the story: if you keep your eyes wide open, you may get an alright service from Nokia. If you don't, then don't be surprised later if you discover that you got cheated in some ways.

Am I right?

LOL :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Like me... Buy cheap, cheap non-fancy Nokia phone. No problem so far. 1 year warranty expires this September.

on the other hand, my previous phone - a Sony Ericsson, gives me tons of problems.

I anti-Nokia since my old 8810.
Bad quality & after sales service.:thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Oh man .. not another horror story about NCC Wheelock. They used to be good. Now :rolleyes:

Bobman:

I sold it off within 6 months .... mine was the first batch bought during first launch. It was so freaking slow that it pissed me off. The build was bad - opened the cover normally to access the keyboard to be greeted by a loud crack - the whole hinge came loose... their QC is getting from bad to worse.

No more nokias - EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.