Cheated By Clubsnapper !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumanchu

Jul 21, 2005
CLUBSNAPPER ---> PAUL LIM +65 91862826 http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/member.php?u=6590

CRONOLOGIZE:

I post this thread to tell unpleasant experience that I had recently with fellow clubsnapper

on March 15, 2008 I saw WTB thread by PAUL LIM. Since I have the same equipment that I want to sell, I start the communication with him and then the communication continue thru SMS and email

since I'm located in jakarta, I send the camera condition etc to his email. tell him about transaction method... and he agreed...

on 5th april, he CONFIRM the transaction. As at that time, I was away and only can delivered the camera on 12th april which he agreed.

On the day itself, when my brother bring the camera to singapore (from batam, which I send the camera to batam thru courier), on the day itself, he CANCELLED the transaction and said he already got the same camera. I felt cheated as I already spent time and money to send the camera to batam and he easily cancelled the transaction on the day.

In this thread, I'm going to ask again PAUL LIM...

NB: I have many transaction w/ clubsnapper before... but transaction are all clear, no problem like this...

It's not cheating. It's just not honoring the word. It sucks, but this is not the first time in clubsnap.

It's not cheating. It's just not honoring the word. It sucks, but this is not the first time in clubsnap.
let's not jump into conclusion .... we need to hear the other person's story...:think:

maybe it's fine if i'm in singapore too... but i'm in jakarta bro...

what to do, this is an occasional problem, because there is nothing to protect both buyer and seller, and both are at equal risk.

It's sad to hear that such things are allowed and do happen. I ever kenar fly aeroplane even at the very last 5 minutes of meeting.

Keep copy of the SMSes and email if you want to substantiate your allegations.

But then again, there's nothing much that anyone here can do because there are no safety or fallback systems unlike some forums where the classifieds are heavily policed.

p.s. I do not know this person neither have I had any dealings with him.

Very sad to hear this, but this is not the first time, since you are in JKT it is even worse as you had to pay the courier service upfront. Luckily the lens is still with you......

If you read the past posts there were people who waited to meet prospective buyers only to find out they had waited in vain.......

Take it as a lesson learned, there are dishonest and people who don't keep promises everywhere, and it is better to sell in Indonesia itself than you don't need to run the risk of losing money. I thought there is a very vibrant photoforum there too?

I love your 200-400mm/4 lens by the way!

Hong Sien

Seriously speaking, I dont like the way this fellow doing. I can understand that he got better lobang la. However he should call up and cancel the it right away. It better that you inform someone early than letting it happen. Dont agree something so easily. Relax mate..... =)

If what u say is true..then

That guy obviously has nothing along the line of ethics when it comes to honouring his words.
But note that it is a grey area because there is always the "no obligations" in mind

It depends, it may not be a gray area or no obligations.

Depending on how the exchange of correspondence went, there could already be valid offer and acceptance and therefore a contract concluded.

If what u say is true..then

That guy obviously has nothing along the line of ethics when it comes to honouring his words.
But note that it is a grey area because there is always the "no obligations" in mind

Paul = Male/Female? :dunno:

Profile say Female!
Profile also lie, not surprise that he (or she) didn't keep the promise. :sticktong

I had a few cases before. Buyer who wants to buy but cannot commit. I even agree to his ridiculous payment in installments since he just had a new baby and might be financially tight. But after holding a few days for him, he told me his wife got it for him. Bullshit;(. WTB/WTS runs on a honorary system. But still I have better experiences than bad ones.:cool:

maybe it's fine if i'm in singapore too... but i'm in jakarta bro...

nobody force you to deal in Singapore.
When you deal overseas, you should already consider all the risk.
If only doing business with overseas counterpart is so easy, everyone will become rich already.

If only doing business with overseas counterpart is so easy, everyone will become rich already.

Is fault if i make transaction with singapore people? i just want to help him.
Is fault if i want make good relationship with clubsnapper?
Many singapore photographer if they go to indo, i guide them... some moderator clubsnap, Mr. Eddy Ng etc...

I ask about his commitment and dealing... if you have agree before, don't cancel it... if you not want to buy, just don't made agreement... where is ur honor???
At least he can cancel his order during that days and not at the very last minutes...

Wah lucky I never deal something with person like you.

I deal with many overseas to find some rare equipment (buy and sell) for my medium format and so far, if me or buyer cancel, we are not doing it on the very last minutes. And you think doing business overseas, mean lot of money, ah? last time, I sell my minolta equipment to aussie and I don't gain any profit, just that time singpaore market for minolta is very small, no one wanna buy my equipment.

Is fault if i make transaction with singapore people? i just want to help him.
Is fault if i want make good relationship with clubsnapper?
Many singapore photographer if they go to indo, i guide them... some moderator clubsnap, Mr. Eddy Ng etc...

I ask about his commitment and dealing... if you have agree before, don't cancel it... if you not want to buy, just don't made agreement... where is ur honor???
At least he can cancel his order during that days and not at the very last minutes...

sad to say integrity is something most sg males lost during their ns times.
or maybe the buyer havent went through ns yet?
there will bound to be some single person who make a stupid mistake and dont dare to own up within a platoon for fear of punishment.
there will be some but very few who is still honest enough to own up to their mistakes.
if honesty is a value you live by in your heart, then life would be much easier for your mental state of mind rather than having to tell one white lie to cover another.
lies once they start is hard to stop the covering up.
sorry for the OT here.

Status
Not open for further replies.