Cheat In Tampines

Status
Not open for further replies.

weevil84

Jul 26, 2004
Tampines
Hi folks,

Just to share with you all, I stay in the Tampines area and recently there's been a gang of youngsters/teenagers walking around and selling ice cream in the name of charity. They opereate usually in pairs and most are girls. They claim to sell ice cream to raise money for orphaned kids. The ice cream is some overseas unknown brand and they sell for 10 dollars per pack. They carry no proper identification and would back off the moment police is mentioned. Their target are the aunties and uncles. My parents have both been approached before and my mum actually bought the ice cream from them. ;(

Anyone has similar experience around this area?? I feel like lodging a complain with the police!

PS

I am not against sale of ice cream for charity. I am against cheats. If there is a chance that there is indeed a charity selling ice cream to raise funds in the Tampines area using teenagers as their agents of sale, please notify me and I will withdraw all statements.

weevil84 said:
Hi folks,

Just to share with you all, I stay in the Tampines area and recently there's been a gang of youngsters/teenagers walking around and selling ice cream in the name of charity. They opereate usually in pairs and most are girls. They claim to sell ice cream to raise money for orphaned kids. The ice cream is some overseas unknown brand and they sell for 10 dollars per pack. They carry no proper identification and would back off the moment police is mentioned. Their target are the aunties and uncles. My parents have both been approached before and my mum actually bought the ice cream from them. ;(

Anyone has similar experience around this area?? I feel like lodging a complain with the police!

PS

I am not against sale of ice cream for charity. I am against cheats. If there is a chance that there is indeed a charity selling ice cream to raise funds in the Tampines area using teenagers as their agents of sale, please notify me and I will withdraw all statements.

I saw them in bishan and AMK too.... pushing an ice-box around rite. I just wonder if they are allow to do this....

They just visited my place in Jurong! My Mom wasn't interested. As mentioned, it was a pair of girls.

Now that you've mentioned it, I've seen them twice already here at Ghim Moh... But thankfully both times my wife wasn't at home and I'm not a fan of ice-cream :bsmilie:

Those pushing the cart around are working lah,not cheats.
Unless they really ask you to buy at $10 then label them as cheat,otherwise it's real unfair to those who are really out to make a living.
Those who push the cart to my house sell only $2 per cornetto.

Encounter them in CLementi area too.. However, I dont buy from them unless its walls ice cream boy come knocking on my door with idenitification... :bsmilie:

These group of people have visited my punggol flat at least 3 times, doing door-to-door sales.

But how do you know they're cheat? :dunno:

I lived at SEMBAWANG. There is a strange encounter recently with teens selling ice-cream door to door raising funds for taking part in basketball tournament held at SERANGOON. :dunno:

2 girls came selling ice-cream 2 weeks ago in bukit panjang. Same reason...'raising funds for taking part in basketball tournament'.

weevil84 said:
Hi folks,

PS

err ... same thing here .. in yio chu kang ... terraced housing ... they said they got no money ... so to earn some money they're selling ice cream .. :S ... thats about all i heard ... hahah .... then a few others came around and said it's the last pack .. they got no money .. so beg us to buy for them ... :S ... lucky my dad chased them away ...

Seems that this have been going round in Punggol for a while now. A group of teens going round the neighbourhood to sell ice-cream in the afternoon. However, they claimed that they are from some not-well-to-do family and thus earning extra for their school fees. Each tub of ice cream cost around $12 when you can easily get it outside for less than half the price.

To my understanding, the police in Punggol area have already been notified but...doubt they can do anything 'cos the teens made it clear that it's for their own...not for charity.

raise money for orphaned kids ? never ever trust those charity..

as for those teenage, maybe they really trying to raise fund for the orphaned kids..but

still makes me wonder maybe they raising fund for their own holidays ?? :think:

you never know where money goes after donated to them..

give me more information then i will consider... ;)

Racoon said:
Seems that this have been going round in Punggol for a while now. A group of teens going round the neighbourhood to sell ice-cream in the afternoon. However, they claimed that they are from some not-well-to-do family and thus earning extra for their school fees. Each tub of ice cream cost around $12 when you can easily get it outside for less than half the price.

To my understanding, the police in Punggol area have already been notified but...doubt they can do anything 'cos the teens made it clear that it's for their own...not for charity.

i think even underage, they infringed 2 things already.. or more... setting up business without valid license/registration, and no valid food license...

its not police can't do, its that if they really go nap the 2 girls, they would have alot of paperwork to do... maybe go inform town council or their respective guardians (if any)...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i think even underage, they infringed 2 things already.. or more... setting up business without valid license/registration, and no valid food license...

its not police can't do, its that if they really go nap the 2 girls, they would have alot of paperwork to do... maybe go inform town council or their respective guardians (if any)...

no food license...yes. police can base on that. the teens are smart to go around in the afternoons 'cos usually left with the old folks and children at home so...nobody would call the police.

Racoon said:
no food license...yes. police can base on that. the teens are smart to go around in the afternoons 'cos usually left with the old folks and children at home so...nobody would call the police.

calling police does not / will not solve the problem... they might just let them go... simple as that...

anyway, best if anybody who encounter this, snap pictures or take a video clip of it, send it to the relevant authorities... anyway, its impossible they can sell to me, and i've not seen it yet... but based on the locations they are around, i think its getting quite rampant... time to curb them...

Status
Not open for further replies.