Cheat In Tampines


Status
Not open for further replies.

weevil84

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
250
0
0
Tampines
#1
Hi folks,

Just to share with you all, I stay in the Tampines area and recently there's been a gang of youngsters/teenagers walking around and selling ice cream in the name of charity. They opereate usually in pairs and most are girls. They claim to sell ice cream to raise money for orphaned kids. The ice cream is some overseas unknown brand and they sell for 10 dollars per pack. They carry no proper identification and would back off the moment police is mentioned. Their target are the aunties and uncles. My parents have both been approached before and my mum actually bought the ice cream from them. ;(


Anyone has similar experience around this area?? I feel like lodging a complain with the police!

PS

I am not against sale of ice cream for charity. I am against cheats. If there is a chance that there is indeed a charity selling ice cream to raise funds in the Tampines area using teenagers as their agents of sale, please notify me and I will withdraw all statements.
 

clarinet

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
256
0
0
strewberry farm
#2
weevil84 said:
Hi folks,

Just to share with you all, I stay in the Tampines area and recently there's been a gang of youngsters/teenagers walking around and selling ice cream in the name of charity. They opereate usually in pairs and most are girls. They claim to sell ice cream to raise money for orphaned kids. The ice cream is some overseas unknown brand and they sell for 10 dollars per pack. They carry no proper identification and would back off the moment police is mentioned. Their target are the aunties and uncles. My parents have both been approached before and my mum actually bought the ice cream from them. ;(


Anyone has similar experience around this area?? I feel like lodging a complain with the police!

PS

I am not against sale of ice cream for charity. I am against cheats. If there is a chance that there is indeed a charity selling ice cream to raise funds in the Tampines area using teenagers as their agents of sale, please notify me and I will withdraw all statements.
I saw them in bishan and AMK too.... pushing an ice-box around rite. I just wonder if they are allow to do this....
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#5
Now that you've mentioned it, I've seen them twice already here at Ghim Moh... But thankfully both times my wife wasn't at home and I'm not a fan of ice-cream :bsmilie:
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,339
0
0
Earth
louisleow.blogspot.com
#6
Those pushing the cart around are working lah,not cheats.
Unless they really ask you to buy at $10 then label them as cheat,otherwise it's real unfair to those who are really out to make a living.
Those who push the cart to my house sell only $2 per cornetto.
 

kennyleong

Senior Member
Mar 10, 2005
909
0
0
Clementi
#7
Encounter them in CLementi area too.. However, I dont buy from them unless its walls ice cream boy come knocking on my door with idenitification... :bsmilie:
 

HeWolf

New Member
Feb 25, 2003
389
0
0
50
Punggol 21
Visit site
#9
These group of people have visited my punggol flat at least 3 times, doing door-to-door sales.

But how do you know they're cheat? :dunno:
 

Yezrah

New Member
Jan 18, 2004
295
0
0
39
Sembawang
heaveartma.spaces.live.com
#10
I lived at SEMBAWANG. There is a strange encounter recently with teens selling ice-cream door to door raising funds for taking part in basketball tournament held at SERANGOON. :dunno:
 

Dec 31, 2004
1,321
0
0
Yishun
#12
weevil84 said:
Hi folks,

Just to share with you all, I stay in the Tampines area and recently there's been a gang of youngsters/teenagers walking around and selling ice cream in the name of charity. They opereate usually in pairs and most are girls. They claim to sell ice cream to raise money for orphaned kids. The ice cream is some overseas unknown brand and they sell for 10 dollars per pack. They carry no proper identification and would back off the moment police is mentioned. Their target are the aunties and uncles. My parents have both been approached before and my mum actually bought the ice cream from them. ;(


Anyone has similar experience around this area?? I feel like lodging a complain with the police!

PS

I am not against sale of ice cream for charity. I am against cheats. If there is a chance that there is indeed a charity selling ice cream to raise funds in the Tampines area using teenagers as their agents of sale, please notify me and I will withdraw all statements.
err ... same thing here .. in yio chu kang ... terraced housing ... they said they got no money ... so to earn some money they're selling ice cream .. :S ... thats about all i heard ... hahah .... then a few others came around and said it's the last pack .. they got no money .. so beg us to buy for them ... :S ... lucky my dad chased them away ...
 

Racoon

New Member
Jan 21, 2005
0
0
0
Tanjong Pagar
#16
Seems that this have been going round in Punggol for a while now. A group of teens going round the neighbourhood to sell ice-cream in the afternoon. However, they claimed that they are from some not-well-to-do family and thus earning extra for their school fees. Each tub of ice cream cost around $12 when you can easily get it outside for less than half the price.

To my understanding, the police in Punggol area have already been notified but...doubt they can do anything 'cos the teens made it clear that it's for their own...not for charity.
 

ycchen

New Member
May 10, 2005
195
0
0
#17
raise money for orphaned kids ? never ever trust those charity..

as for those teenage, maybe they really trying to raise fund for the orphaned kids..but

still makes me wonder maybe they raising fund for their own holidays ?? :think:

you never know where money goes after donated to them..

give me more information then i will consider... ;)
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#18
Racoon said:
Seems that this have been going round in Punggol for a while now. A group of teens going round the neighbourhood to sell ice-cream in the afternoon. However, they claimed that they are from some not-well-to-do family and thus earning extra for their school fees. Each tub of ice cream cost around $12 when you can easily get it outside for less than half the price.

To my understanding, the police in Punggol area have already been notified but...doubt they can do anything 'cos the teens made it clear that it's for their own...not for charity.
i think even underage, they infringed 2 things already.. or more... setting up business without valid license/registration, and no valid food license...

its not police can't do, its that if they really go nap the 2 girls, they would have alot of paperwork to do... maybe go inform town council or their respective guardians (if any)...
 

Racoon

New Member
Jan 21, 2005
0
0
0
Tanjong Pagar
#19
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i think even underage, they infringed 2 things already.. or more... setting up business without valid license/registration, and no valid food license...

its not police can't do, its that if they really go nap the 2 girls, they would have alot of paperwork to do... maybe go inform town council or their respective guardians (if any)...
no food license...yes. police can base on that. the teens are smart to go around in the afternoons 'cos usually left with the old folks and children at home so...nobody would call the police.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#20
Racoon said:
no food license...yes. police can base on that. the teens are smart to go around in the afternoons 'cos usually left with the old folks and children at home so...nobody would call the police.
calling police does not / will not solve the problem... they might just let them go... simple as that...

anyway, best if anybody who encounter this, snap pictures or take a video clip of it, send it to the relevant authorities... anyway, its impossible they can sell to me, and i've not seen it yet... but based on the locations they are around, i think its getting quite rampant... time to curb them...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom