Cheapo wedding shoot

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Just came back from my brother in law's outdoor wedding shoot. The package don't include transport so I was commanded by wife to be driver. Brought my V1 along.

Man, the guy got attitude problem. Anyway I just driver so tiam tiam. He vetoed all the family's suggested site. Insisted on Sentosa. Went there then realized he has his set pieces - 2 places certain standard pose than that's it. Worse, when he unzipped his camera bag, he took out a D80 (I think - he his the front from me) and shot with the kit 18-55mm. I was thinking: Wah lau, cheap leh.

Then when I tried to take with my camera, he says "I take only, you cannot take." I heck care. I got better reach with my V1 70-110 so I just stand behind him and snapped.

But like I say I tiam tiam since I only driver.
But felt the need to let out steam here. Anyway, they can't afford an expensive package so what to do?

erm. ok.

bo bian. they dont want call u take for them what u wanna do hahaha

somemore today weather kannasai. u also lan lan...

and... pay peanuts... get monkeys:sweat:

Just came back from my brother in law's outdoor wedding shoot. The package don't include transport so I was commanded by wife to be driver. Brought my V1 along.

Man, the guy got attitude problem. Anyway I just driver so tiam tiam. He vetoed all the family's suggested site. Insisted on Sentosa. Went there then realized he has his set pieces - 2 places certain standard pose than that's it. Worse, when he unzipped his camera bag, he took out a D80 (I think - he his the front from me) and shot with the kit 18-55mm. I was thinking: Wah lau, cheap leh.

Then when I tried to take with my camera, he says "I take only, you cannot take." I heck care. I got better reach with my V1 70-110 so I just stand behind him and snapped.

But felt the need to let out steam here. Anyway, they can't afford an expensive package so what to do?

Wapiang, what the hell are you talking about? Who's the "guy"?? Groom? photographer? Took out camera???

allenleonhart said:
bo bian. they dont want call u take for them what u wanna do hahaha

somemore today weather kannasai. u also lan lan...

and... pay peanuts... get monkeys:sweat:

Aiyah I no studio no gown rental package so bo bian lor.

wakaowalao said:
Wapiang, what the hell are you talking about? Who's the "guy"?? Groom? photographer? Took out camera???

Alamak photographer lah.

Worse, when he unzipped his camera bag, he took out a D80 (I think - he his the front from me) and shot with the kit 18-55mm. I was thinking: Wah lau, cheap leh.

Cheap is good. Better than my relative who fly in photographer from US and pay thru nose.

Aiyo dun look down on the equipment leh. Maybe he damn skillful. We always say it's the person behind the camera wat. Post some pics.

Cheap is good. Better than my relative who fly in photographer from US and pay thru nose.

Aiyo dun look down on the equipment leh. Maybe he damn skillful. We always say it's the person behind the camera wat. Post some pics.

I think it's his attitude lah, insisting on specific location poses, other people cannot shoot even if they don't get in the way, etc.

I think it's his attitude lah, insisting on specific location poses, other people cannot shoot even if they don't get in the way, etc.

This one becos it is the master at work mah.

which company ? can share or PM? how much is the package? personally i find those company that involve our northern neighbour to be quite cheapo. they just are like doing renovation, chop chop finish the job and go to another site.

BTW, cheap package wont do outdoor shooting on Weekend. weekend shooting usually reserve for those high end package.

usually I thought the company will do a interview with the couples, then proceed to shoot at the scene on the stipulated date?

which company ? can share or PM? how much is the package? personally i find those company that involve our northern neighbour to be quite cheapo. they just are like doing renovation, chop chop finish the job and go to another site.

BTW, cheap package wont do outdoor shooting on Weekend. weekend shooting usually reserve for those high end package.

usually I thought the company will do a interview with the couples, then proceed to shoot at the scene on the stipulated date?

Won't name names lah... but the shop is in IMM... it is $1700 including gown and tux rental, makeup, studio and outdoor shoots. Is that cheap or ok? Actually I not sure. I didn't bother doing one for my own wedding so I have no idea what the market price is.

And may be he is a good photographer... can't be sure till I see the results. Just that before that he clashed with my family so relationship sour liow lor... then he whipped out a kit lens... I was like wau lau... there were many tourists around the place of the shoot and many had better cameras than him... ok, I may be being materialistic here but hey, $1700 may be cheap... but still something. My brother in law not a photo person so he don't know what he used in the studio. I was not present for the studio shoot.

Just that before that he clashed with my family so relationship sour liow lor... then he whipped out a kit lens... I was like wau lau...

Professional should have good IQ (image quality) and good EQ, even if cheap.

Won't name names lah... but the shop is in IMM... it is $1700 including gown and tux rental, makeup, studio and outdoor shoots. Is that cheap or ok? Actually I not sure. I didn't bother doing one for my own wedding so I have no idea what the market price is.

And may be he is a good photographer... can't be sure till I see the results. Just that before that he clashed with my family so relationship sour liow lor... then he whipped out a kit lens... I was like wau lau... there were many tourists around the place of the shoot and many had better cameras than him... ok, I may be being materialistic here but hey, $1700 may be cheap... but still something. My brother in law not a photo person so he don't know what he used in the studio. I was not present for the studio shoot.
Wa. 1700 is super cheap package. did they book in advance a year ago? Ya, 1700, dun think they will cater transport for outdoor shoot.

again, the venue should have been decided prior to the shooting. like i said, a interview would have been conducted.

does the package includes actual day makeup, gown, suit?

I think the actual day wont have photographer to cover the wedding too

anw, this is a typical case of pay peanuts get monkey

Wa. 1700 is super cheap package. did they book in advance a year ago? Ya, 1700, dun think they will cater transport for outdoor shoot.

again, the venue should have been decided prior to the shooting. like i said, a interview would have been conducted.

does the package includes actual day makeup, gown, suit?

I think the actual day wont have photographer to cover the wedding too

anw, this is a typical case of pay peanuts get monkey

Nope... $1700 just for today's studio + outdoor. The couple not decided when to do their dinner. So no "actual day"... anyway, they had wanted to keep it simple... yesterday ROM (I snapped some photos) - no pro photographer.

Nope... $1700 just for today's studio + outdoor. The couple not decided when to do their dinner. So no "actual day"... anyway, they had wanted to keep it simple... yesterday ROM (I snapped some photos) - no pro photographer.

My fren, then this is not a peanut and monkey case.. anw this is not the main point. U are frustrated with his professionalism right?

UncleFai said:

The couple not well off plus simple folks so this was the best they could afford. My wife and her sisters hopping mad already. I didn't want to add kerosene to the fire and make the couple too upset, so just tiam tiam and do my job as driver.

UncleFai said:

Dont 小看kit lens wor. It can produce some really decent photos leh :D

My fren, then this is not a peanut and monkey case.. anw this is not the main point. U are frustrated with his professionalism right?

Yeah... poor communication with the family, poor level of equipment, and a rush job (outdoor shoot over in less than 1 hour). It poured like crazy this afternoon, so may be this last bit due to insufficient time.