Cheapest WebHosting w Domain Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkavgr

Jul 14, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Can anyone recommend ?
With domain name & hosting, say about 50Mb shd be enough for gallery/portfolio and other things. No need email

Thanks..dark

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
I have heard that clubsnap hosting is cheap and good. I personally need php, sql and cgi-bin functionality, so I use my own host. You might want to check them out... www.differenthost.com. Their prices are arguably the lowest in the country; <S$100 a year. Downside is performance can be intermittent sometimes (ie down for 15 minutes at a time). Still, if you don't need critical 24 hour hosting, they might be worth considering.

Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
For personal domain name, the standard rate should be around $58 per year.

So you can have your own choice of www.your-name.com or .com.sg or .net or anything else.

For hosting, www.doteasy.com provides free hosting.

I would strongly advise against differenthost.

Server down occurences are often, and their tech support as well as aftersales arent reliable.

Zoomer

Feb 4, 2002
Singapore
reverac.com
You don't need a domain that ends with .sg. Not only is it more expensive, it is longer and most users would not see any benefit from it.

Going rates for a "normal" (.com, .net, .org, .info, .biz) domain can varies, depending on where you register them, from US$8.88 to US$35.

mrbunglez

Nov 7, 2002
East, Singapore
Visit site
I host my stuff on www.sghosting.net

their service and server performance has been really good so far. they provide like everything damn feature u want.. and most of it is like unlimited... unlimited SQLs, emails, FTP accounts etc etc...

hehheh..i beter stop b4 u tink i'm advertising for them :)

mrbunglez

Nov 7, 2002
East, Singapore
Visit site
I host my stuff on www.sghosting.net

their service and server performance has been really good so far. they provide like everything damn feature u want.. and most of it is like unlimited... unlimited SQLs, emails, FTP accounts etc etc...

hehheh..i beter stop b4 u tink i'm advertising for them :)

and their .com registration is only $15 if u sign up for package.

djchris

Jul 21, 2002
www.confusedillusions.com
I've just registered my website.

It's 3.50 per month for the server and 17 per year for the domain name.

Has the usual PHP and 1 mySql database, but 3gb transfer bandwidth and allows only 50 users at 1 go.

But there's one about 8 plus per month with unlimited bandwidth and no user limit.

However the data center is based in US, so loading may be slower than a local one.
But local ones cost around 11 at least.

My website is here

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
I'm using www.poznet.com

I'm on the buget plan, ($80/yr) the price has just been revised last year to $135 now. I find it pretty fast, PHP, mySql, unlimited emails, ftps. 2GB bandwidth with 100MB space.

I'm hosting my gallery below in my sig.

Cons: No telnet/ssh or X-windows session. (Impt to me as a Linux User).

For my domain name, I'm registering via www.registerfly.com at USD$9.99 / year (I think).

You can't purchase .sg domains unless u've a registered business. Which costs damn bloody expensive too! Get a .com or .org.

V

vkm

Originally posted by darkavgr
Can anyone recommend ? ...
I am using www.linksky.com. They are fast, they provide 24/7 support and I had no downtime in the last year. I pay US$4.95 per month and that gives me 6GB of monthly transfer without throttling (extra 1GB would cost US$2), ssh access, mysql, perl and php.

I register domain with www.godaddy.com for US$8.95 per year.

A friend of mine hosts in Singapore at www.usonyx.net for S$240 per year he gets free domain registration, php, perl, ready to use photo gallery;) and even full root access(!!!).

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
I wouldn't mind SSH access or even X-windows, but ROOT access??? Then I can go around probing into every user's directory and mess and read their data etc etc!!

That is dangerous IMHO.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
Anyone interested in these:

50MB Diskspace
500MB Bandwidth
1 Mailing List
1 Subdomain (you.yourdomain.com)
1 MySQL Database
5 Parked domains
Price: US$1/month or US$10/year (2 months free)

Or

100MB Diskspace
1000MB Bandwidth
5 Mailing Lists
5 Subdomains (you.yourdomain.com)
5 MySQL Database
10 Parked domains
Price: US$2/month or US$20/year (2 months free)

Email me at khoking@photomalaysia.com :)

ps: domain registeration not included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom