Cheapest used camera/lenses shop in Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete2322

Oct 8, 2009
Among this countries which one sell the cheapest used camera or lenses?

1) Korea
2) Hong Kong
3) Taiwan

Could be shanghai. Could be hong kong. Could even be the USA.

And then in may depend... Body might be cheaper in XXX but the lenses are cheaper in YYY but the prime lenses are cheaper in ZZZ.

Could be shanghai. Could be hong kong. Could even be the USA.

And then in may depend... Body might be cheaper in XXX but the lenses are cheaper in YYY but the prime lenses are cheaper in ZZZ.

Okay, let me be specific.

If It's a 1D mark III, 50mm f1.2,35mm f1.4 which of the above three are the cheapest.

Hoping for an answer, and not a general answer.

Okay, let me be specific.

If It's a 1D mark III, 50mm f1.2,35mm f1.4 which of the above three are the cheapest.

Hoping for an answer, and not a general answer.

south africa.

Check the net for the prices and do the conversion yourself... I don't think anyone would know the prices in all 3 places, let alone those specific models.

Check the net for the prices and do the conversion yourself... I don't think anyone would know the prices in all 3 places, let alone those specific models.

Any link for the korea and taiwan local street pricing?

south africa.

http://www.acecam.com/s_africa.html ;)

BTW, don't get fooled by the listed prices.

You gotta know 'people' over there in the Cape. See if someone is willing to hook you up with 'Old Joe', the one-legged guy who most people think is a street bum. He hangs just outside one of the grottiest drug dens in the downtown area.

Last edited:
I've visited used cam shops in HK, TW, SH, BKK, KL etc... but believe it or not, I find Tokyo prices the cheapest so far, and quality of the items is very good.

Though this subject might varies, but the fact remains same....

Recently, there was a big flood happening in Singapore, and it happens in the " rich " area.

So, soon you will be able to find the " cheapest " luxury or hi-end car for sale in the used market...so if you are prepare to take the risk.

http://www.acecam.com/s_africa.html ;)

BTW, don't get fooled by the listed prices.

You gotta know 'people' over there in the Cape. See if someone is willing to hook you up with 'Old Joe', the one-legged guy who most people think is a street bum. He hangs just outside one of the grottiest drug dens in the downtown area.

A BMW manager posted here from South Africa told me, over there, for S$13/= one can get an AK47...is that really cheap ? add S$9/= gets 50 rounds of ammo.
Walk in a shop with S$22/= worth of attachment...any camera or model is just worh S$22/=.

Last edited:
A BMW manager posted here from South Africa told me, over there, for S$13/= one can get an AK47...is that really cheap ? add S$9/= gets 50 rounds of ammo.
Walk in a shop with S$21/= worth of attachment...any camera or model is just worh S$21/=.

It depends - is the AK functioning properly? :bsmilie:

Because any shop in the Cape carrying that much in electronics would probably have a few MP5s and sawn-off automatic shotguns lying under their counter.

Among this countries which one sell the cheapest used camera or lenses?

1) Korea
2) Hong Kong
3) Taiwan

That is a difficult question as there is not a RRP for 2nd hand equipment. It largely depends on the condition of the equipment.

Overall, I would say Korea and Hong Kong has quite a few 2nd hand camera stores and depending on which side the currency fluctuates, one or the other.

It depends - is the AK functioning properly? :bsmilie:

Because any shop in the Cape carrying that much in electronics would probably have a few MP5s and sawn-off automatic shotguns lying under their counter.

always allow to test before you buy. RPG also can get, that's why that BMW manager said they are being warned to stay within their own community for their own safety.

even in our neighbourhood like Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam and Thai border, there are abundant of arms left over by the US, Czech, PRChina, Russia, but of course theirs are not the latest as those now currently used in the Agfhan and Iraq.
But the Taliban and the Iraqi insurgent are getting more sophisticated each day, thanks to the US and Allies who left over plenty of new weapon for them to play with.

I am still wondering, how could one be able to identify and verify which shop in which country is/are selling the cheapest second hand cameras and gears ? Even in our own little red dot we have difficulties.

Problem is, you can't pin-point it so selectively, because even if trends are identifiable to a certain extent, current prices will always fluctuate according to so many variables.

Bottom line?

Have to do a search and identify the most patronized/mentioned stores, then start sending out emails or start calling. Even if members want to recommend, the status of 'Cheapest' may change from day to day or week to week.

And ASIA (not SEA) itself is so huge!

I've visited used cam shops in HK, TW, SH, BKK, KL etc... but believe it or not, I find Tokyo prices the cheapest so far, and quality of the items is very good.

So.... if buy in Tokyo, use in Singapore, if spoil...how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.