Cheapest SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
what's the cheapest sLR available? with std lens??
AF MF anything...

If you are a beginner, Nikon FM10 (Fully manual) will be ideal. Comes with standard lens, carry case and all made in Japan

Price $420 - $440 (Cathy Photo)

Cheers!!

The cheapest of the cheapest is M42 screw mount body. Get the 2nd hand Carl Zeiss or Pentax Asahi Takumar lens and they will blow all the standard zoom lens away.

I think a 2nd-hand FM ($200+) is better than a new FM10.

Any old 2ndhand SLR should be able to fit a decent MF standard lens. According to one website, the Yashica FX Super can fit Leica lenses!

Hi

A made in China Phenix mechanical SLR with a 50mm f1.7 standard lens costs me only SGD $157 when i bought it in China last year as a memento.

This little baby has DOF preview, mirror lockup, built in meter, works without batteries (limited shutter speeds), is small and light.

wat more can one ask for SGD $157?!?!?

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

A made in China Phenix mechanical SLR with a 50mm f1.7 standard lens costs me only SGD $157 when i bought it in China last year as a memento.

This little baby has DOF preview, mirror lockup, built in meter, works without batteries (limited shutter speeds), is small and light.

wat more can one ask for SGD $157?!?!?

i forgot.......to add on, this SGD $157 package comes with a nice COLOUR manual printed on glossy paper and a black ever-ready case.

it's a Pentax mount compatible SLR btw......

Originally posted by d7t3
I think a 2nd-hand FM ($200+) is better than a new FM10.

Any old 2ndhand SLR should be able to fit a decent MF standard lens. According to one website, the Yashica FX Super can fit Leica lenses!

Via adaptors, even Canons can take Leica lenses.

The FX can take Carl Zeiss lenses though, no modifications.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Red Dawn

i forgot.......to add on, this SGD $157 package comes with a nice COLOUR manual printed on glossy paper and a black ever-ready case.

it's a Pentax mount compatible SLR btw......

heard of phenix before, but didn't know it was That cheap... singaland no imports? must get from china?
RD, how's the glass huh?

I've used fm2 and 50mm f/1.4 last time... but didn't know it's so expensive, even used...
I just want one with 50mm... ;)

thanks to yo ppl for the advice, think ask my friend to hunt the phenix..

Originally posted by Gunjack
The cheapest of the cheapest is M42 screw mount body. Get the 2nd hand Carl Zeiss or Pentax Asahi Takumar lens and they will blow all the standard zoom lens away.

Is the M42 a Praktica? Where to find one in Spore and how much? What about the cost of the above standard lenses, 2nd hand? :dunno: Thx.

Originally posted by denizenx
what's the cheapest sLR available? with std lens??
AF MF anything...

I'm willing to sell my Minolta Dynax 505si for $300. Comes with the kit 28-80mm lens. Still have the box for the camera. Throw in the 62mm Marumi UV filter that I bought for the lens lor. Also give u batteries for the camera as well (CR-2 - costs $9 a piece)

erm again I wanna say I want 50mm or some std prime... I dun need zoom that's covered by my digicam... I want something to gimme crazy DOF and satisfy my want for a MF-able cam.. ;)

The 2nd hand camera shop next to CP sells some Phoenix cameras, if I'm not wrong. The bodies are supposed to be compatible with Pentax (or was it Nikon?) lenses. Also check out the Minolta x700, an old old MF that some people still hang onto. I've got one on loan. Good stuff! Think TCW has that.

Will a 2nd Nikon FM10 and 2nd manual 50 f/1.2, 50 f/1.4
or 50 f/1.8 do? Total at around S$500-900

Originally posted by rubric
The 2nd hand camera shop next to CP sells some Phoenix cameras, if I'm not wrong. The bodies are supposed to be compatible with Pentax (or was it Nikon?) lenses. Also check out the Minolta x700, an old old MF that some people still hang onto. I've got one on loan. Good stuff! Think TCW has that.

thx! will take a look..

Hi d7t3, sure or not yashica fx :D :p can fit leica lens!??!!?!??!?!
Gee.... my yashica fx3 2000 is lying under my bed for 10 years already!

Originally posted by rubric

Is the M42 a Praktica? Where to find one in Spore and how much? What about the cost of the above standard lenses, 2nd hand? :dunno: Thx.

Quite a few different brands carried M42 screw mount(eg. Praktica, Zenit, Pentax Screw mount), it was most popular then in the 60s-70s, i think. I bought one Fujica body for $80. Carl Zeiss Jena 29mm abt $100(wonderful lens). Mamiya Sekor 55mm f1.8 for abt SGD$25 including shipping at ebay(very nice). And quite a few other 2nd hand bargains too. I have also seen my friend's Asahi Pentax Takumar lens and it is also marvelous. One of our members, parlin44, i think, is selling M42 lens at the buy and sell section here. There are loads of bargains at ebay too.

Status
Not open for further replies.