cheapest rechargeable batteries ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
i bought 4 First Choice (Cold Storage) brand 1600mah NIMH batts for $4.49 at Shop and save :bigeyes: wonder how good they are. anyone tried yet?

Better be carefull. i think you sspend so much on your camera equipment and then buy cheap batteries to use is not a good idea. Just my opinion.

ortega said:
i don't use rechargables anymore
you never know when they will be flat

Lol.. wait for the new Sanyo's enelop rechargeable.. I think they can store power for up til 6 months:bsmilie:

I only use GP or Sanyo rechargeable batteries...;)

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
i bought 4 First Choice (Cold Storage) brand 1600mah NIMH batts for $4.49 at Shop and save :bigeyes: wonder how good they are. anyone tried yet?

So whats your verdict? I only like First Choice instant noodles. :bsmilie: The green curry in a cup. Wow!

i dunno. havent tried yet. shooting my bro for his prom next tuesday (ACJC). will bring these batts to use in my sigma dg 500 super. will bring sanyo backups just in case. :p will give an update on its performance then.

I am trying Sony's 15 min charger. Works super fast. But I know rapid charging "kills" your batteries. But the thing here is- They are batteries! And they are meant to be used. Can't hold charge, buy new ones. Don't scrimp on these items, not worth it.

Maybe toilet paper can save. Rougher also not tt important.

That's extremely cheap...and a nice find too. They would probably work well in less demanding devices such as torchlights and perhaps the odd walkman/ transistor radio.

From my understanding, 1600 mah is a relatively small amount of energy, compared to older 2100 mah Energizer batteries and the newer hotcakes in town which are 2500 mah. I wouldn't expect it to last too long in a camera.

yeah true. decided to use the batts in my less powerful 380ex instead. well..in the time of the 380ex...there weren't any 2100mah batts yet....hehe...thats my reasoning. charging them now :)

pls let us know how they perform, interested to get 4 too....

are they available at all cold storage branches ?

Wow, the last time I bought a set of 4 Fisrt Choice AA's cost me $12.90. Using it on my kids toys and still running after 3 months of usage. What more can I say. They are also OEMs from some battery amnufacturer.

Trying the Energizer batteries (2500) selling at NTUC for $17.90 instead of $25.20. Offer is until end of the month.

Will post results on a new thread at later stage.

Cheers.....

hey guys ive charged them and will use them tomorrow. :) will post my results in a new thread tomorrow or on wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.