Cheapest Place to wash prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeesus

Jun 25, 2008
Hi All,

Please help. I want to wash my brother's wedding photos (about 300 over pictures) and make two sets one for my parents and his in-laws. It is going to cost me a *BOMB*. So please help where is the cheapest place to wash 4R or 5R pics? I am staying in the North side so a place near there would be really helpful.

Advanced Thanks!

Wash?

(I know where you're coming from with this, but "wash" is not the right term to use.)

Is No.1 Color Centre still around? I think there's one at Jubilee Cinema complex at AMK. They are by far the cheapest I know, $0.20/pc. Maybe cheaper if done in bulk.

However, from my personal experience, their print output is pretty atrocious.

Wash?

(I know where you're coming from with this, but "wash" is not the right term to use.)

Is No.1 Color Centre still around? I think there's one at Jubilee Cinema complex at AMK. They are by far the cheapest I know, $0.20/pc. Maybe cheaper if done in bulk.

However, from my personal experience, their print output is pretty atrocious.

Thank you Synapseman. Sorry i think the correct terms is print my photos hehehe...

$0.20 in bulk... oh... do they also give those photo albums to store since I am going to do in bulk any... 2 sets of 300 over pics... its almost going to be 600 over pics.

by the way u quoting 4R or 5R har?

by the way u quoting 4R or 5R har?

4R.

Maybe you print small batch with them first and see how. When I printed 4R with them, the shots were very pixelated and lo-res, even though I have always shot at max resolution, and max quality settings. Very disappointing, and I swore I'd never go to them again, even if they were to charge $0.10/pc. But to be fair, that was a few years ago. Maybe they've improved?

Personally, I go to Miao Laan, but that's at Bt. Batok st.11. A bit far from AMK. But they do give discounts for bulk prints as well. Service and quality is excellent.

Sorry how much is it @ Bt Batok St 11?

Hi All,

Please help. I want to wash my brother's wedding photos (about 300 over pictures) and make two sets one for my parents and his in-laws. It is going to cost me a *BOMB*. So please help where is the cheapest place to wash 4R or 5R pics? I am staying in the North side so a place near there would be really helpful.

Advanced Thanks!

I was going to say "At home, in the washing machine! ", but I think that's a bit rude....
apologies. Is the correct term for develop, 'xi' in mandarin? Surely there's a better word?

Rivervale Plaza (i think it's Plaza) has a photo processing shop (konica-branded) that charges 20c per 4R for 100 prints and above. I printed there once. Was satisfied with the result. Colour tones and sharpness were there. Not like..."WOW!!!", but not disappointed either ;)

Huggable goes to the Fuji print shop at the block next to Courts AMK. They develop 4R for 30cents, mininum 10 pcs. They'll make fine adjustment to the photos before printing. Of course, you can tell them not to should you prefer.

If you just want to go downright cheap prints, can try the printing shops at the basement of Parkway Parade. Cheap and fast. Tried once, but wasn't satisfied with the print quality.

the one at parkway parade is cheap, but quality wise, its just average . nothing near wow

Guys thanks for all your inputs. I will check some of the places you have intro-ed.

THANKS!

I 'wash' my prints at home. Not the cheapest though.

Yes, washing prints is normal if fiber-based paper is used. This washing process, which is a part of darkroom printing, removes fixer residue.

there are 2 shops next to each other(or should i say opposite each other ? hmm) at parkway parade . went there today as my gf wanted to develop her graduation pics that i took of her.

to her it was ok, but when i saw the pics( she orderred gloss) i was so turned off with the quality. might be the cheapest, but quality print is a no-no.

will try out the shop opposite the "cheapest" one next tme.

ps! you can try printing out a few sample pics in your neighbourhoodd then ssee if the prints are good, if yes, try to negotiate price with them. my gf also printed a few pics at this neighbourhood shop at a wet market(YES.. wet market.. i guess they really "wash" the pics :p )and the prints were better. i was thinking of heading there and try to negotiate the prices, as what i will be printing will be in bulk too.. around 200 + pics . who knows, uncle give discount haha

If i am not wrong, Funan 1st floor, escalator coming down near TCC got a small store. 15c / 25c can check it out but i dunno the quality. I usually print at Harvey Norman. I am a member so it's 25c anyway. or you could wait, harvey norman usually has a 19c per piece offer.

Er.... album wise.... sorry no idea :)

there are 2 shops next to each other(or should i say opposite each other ? hmm) at parkway parade . went there today as my gf wanted to develop her graduation pics that i took of her.

to her it was ok, but when i saw the pics( she orderred gloss) i was so turned off with the quality. might be the cheapest, but quality print is a no-no.

will try out the shop opposite the "cheapest" one next tme.

ps! you can try printing out a few sample pics in your neighbourhoodd then ssee if the prints are good, if yes, try to negotiate price with them. my gf also printed a few pics at this neighbourhood shop at a wet market(YES.. wet market.. i guess they really "wash" the pics :p )and the prints were better. i was thinking of heading there and try to negotiate the prices, as what i will be printing will be in bulk too.. around 200 + pics . who knows, uncle give discount haha

If I'm not wrong, the next cheapest shop is Kodak, pretty good prints :)

Status
Not open for further replies.