Cheapest place for photography stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingbongbiddley

Nov 7, 2006
Hello everyone.

Just wondering where you guys think is the cheapest place for buying photography gear?

I met a chap from Singapore a few months ago (Hi Anton!) and he told me Singapore was the best, along with Hong Kong. I don't know if he meant cheapest or not though because Tokyo seems to be almost as cheap as Singapore (for some items anyway).

It also seems that some things in Malaysia are cheaper (like the SB600 and 18-200mm VR) judging by the price guide in the Nikon forum on this board.

I also saw an 80-400 VR for sale in Bangkok for about S$400 cheaper than the price in the price guide.

just wondering what your opinions are as people who are mainly based in Singapore (I guess). Is Malaysia cheaper for a lot of stuff?

thanks all.

Alan

Most important... you gotta know your price before buying.
Nothing is cheapest until u know your price.

It happens to me... i thought Msia should be cheaper, and becoz of me not knowing the price, din know kena katuk until i came back and check on CS.

Rules: Always use the latest price update as a guide.

din know kena katuk

Say what? :D

Yeah, that's what I did. I was checking some prices on photomalaysia.com and the were quoting the SB600 about S$25 cheaper and the 18-200mmVR about S$200 cheaper than the price guide.

I'll possibly buy my SB600 in Kuala Lumpur but will leave the rest of the stuff to Singapore (mainly because I want my flash ASAP, but I've survived this far with only reaching up to 200mm so I'll survive another few weeks).

u wan buy cheap can.

later warranty not recognised, the service charges will exceed the $ you saved from buying stuffs from overseas.

so how ?

:dunno:

buy in singapore safest.. if not get one from the MO.

warranty no issues.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.