cheapest photoshop where ?

bobgosling

Jan 14, 2010
Bedok Road, Singapore
Where's the cheapest place to buy a legitimate version of Photoshop in Singapore ? Preferably somewhere that doesn't "chop" Ang Mos ! ;)

I'm a newbie ( but with a huge amount of 35mm experience ) about to buy my first DSLR, a Canon 550D. Is Photoshop the right processing tool to buy or should I be looking at something else ?

Thanks.

Where's the cheapest place to buy a legitimate version of Photoshop in Singapore ? Preferably somewhere that doesn't "chop" Ang Mos ! ;)

I'm a newbie ( but with a huge amount of 35mm experience ) about to buy my first DSLR, a Canon 550D. Is Photoshop the right processing tool to buy or should I be looking at something else ?

Thanks.

The cost of software are usually fixed no matter where you buy them. If the price difference is more than 10%, then usually it is either pirated or from questionable sources.

If you are a full-time student from any MOE recognised institutions, you would be entitled to buy the student version. It is exactly the same as sold in the shops except the box got a big bold sticker that says "Student Edition". Adobe Web Premium edition was then sold for $99 to students. Normally it retailed for $1.8K

There are other software you might want to take a look. GIMP is a popular software equal in features compared to Photoshop and it is free. Google for the link and download.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, I might be wrong but if given that you had lots of experience shooting with 35mm flim, then I believe you are already good in doing things right straight off the camera and minimum photoediting is required.
Maybe you could list out what you want expect to do with photoshop? Then others can recommend base on your requirement.
For me, I use "Lightroom", and is good enough. As I mainly just do cropping, WB correction, basic adjustment on brightness, contrast, Fix a few red eyes, sensor dusts spot...
Google around for video tutorial and download a trial version and try.

Thanks.
If you have a valid student pass/school pass/CS card/PS card, you can purchase the Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium (with Photoshop CS4 Extended) from Mine.com.sg at only S$99.00 (retail price at $939.00). ;)

Last edited:
Any student's card?

if i'm not wrong yar.. as long as its a local school from pri school to unis..mus bring along e person u borrow e student card along i tink..:dunno:

Thanks, need to upgrade to windows 7, get office and PS. Will save a bomb man :sweat:

If the point is to use the software legitimately, then it doesn't make sense to buy the academic version of the software (by bringing a student along, etc.), especially if the user intends to use the software for commercial purposes.

I'm buying for my kids.
They complain that Vista is hard to use ( wify and I feel the same also )
Office is because of their class projects which needs Words and power point
PS, as it is cheap and they keep asking to use my Mac to play with my PS

Currently my kids are using my compamy's MS Office, what's the difference between the student and professional version? Same for the PS, any difference?

For commercial work, I use my Mac, got it long ago. Since making $$$ with it, no point taking the risk.

Last edited:
I'm buying for my kids.

Currently my kids are using my compamy's MS Office, what's the difference between the student and professional version? Same for the PS, any difference?

For commercial work, I use my Mac, got it long ago. Since making $$$ with it, no point taking the risk.

Office Student Ed does not comes with Outlook, as far as I know. Only Words, Excel, PowerPoint.

Would the Student Edition lable be recorded in the EXIF?

buy a lecia M9, it comes with free life time supply of lightroom/photoshop.

alternative...download trial, 30days, uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall...

or even more alternative.... "that cannot be name" in this forum. though im quite certain that...lots of ppl here use it.

join pirate world .. and download from torrent

Anyway is the student copy of the cs4 web premium the same sa the one we apid 1.8k for?

hi, you are welcome to browse at this post, it is run by a reputable company called nightmare goat company, open since 1986.

we offer photoshop cs4 GENUINE 100% ORIGINAL version at $80 only. that's even cheaper than the student price!

for more information, please pm me, please note that i will require transfer via western union, etc.

if you believe this you are a kkj

I'm buying for my kids.

Would the Student Edition lable be recorded in the EXIF?

Anyway is the student copy of the cs4 web premium the same sa the one we apid 1.8k for?

Hi Guys...As I mentioned earlier in the trhread, the student edition is identical to the full version. The exif data comes from the camera and not the software.

If you are using it for freelance business, it is still called piracy cos you must fulfill the terms of use of the software. However, if you use it for simple touch up of your digital photos, why not give gimp a try cos it has features that matches photoshop.