cheapest macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slivester said:
I can't seemed to get his driving to, how do we mount that "lens" then?

he cut a hole in the the canon plastic mount cap. one end of this cap is glued to the pringles can, and the other end is screwed into the camera's mount.

don't do it.
proper extension tubes / close up filters are not expensive.

ricohflex said:
don't do it.
proper extension tubes / close up filters are not expensive.

Do you happen to know the estimate price of a set of 3 Kenko extension tubes? TIA.

got my set at a throwaway price when people were junking
better don't reveal price here
for new price, you can call Cathay Photo.

Kenko should be cheap. Maybe $150 maximum.

I recall original Contax set of 3 tubes was selling for $250. That's cheap for 2nd hand Contax tubes.

maybe price depends on the mount. if FD can be cheaper. some need electronic contacts so more $. I won't pay $250 for new kenko tubes.
$250 for original contax tubes can consider

Thank you all, now that I have an estimate of the price of the Kenko. I can proceed to the usual retailers for a look and consider.

BTW I need a Nikon mount. With the Kenko, all AF and AE should work fine as the kendo has all the contacts. Right?

cheapest is third party

1) take a 50mm lens. reverse it and hold it to your lens mount. - cost: free
2)take a cheapo sigma (macro) zoom lens, the **** sort that really doens't do macro but about 1:2.5 and attach a 2x converter on it.

- cost: if you have the stuff this should be free too. If not, a 2x converter is useful. the lens can be bought and sold 2nd hand according to project.

3)Get an extension tube - you lose infinity focus, difficult to reconcile with the rest of your setup. -cost: about $30 - 50

personally my favourite approaches are 2 followed by 1, with 3 being the last.

otherwise, just get a macro lens and be happy with the incredibly sharp images it will produce.

well, can someone explain the concept of this guy DIY method?
a 50mm is still need for his project..so actually he just use a pringle can to increase the distance from lense to camera. Is this distance help to make us possible to go near to the object?
By able to go nearer to the object, so the object is bigger right?
Thank u.

Status
Not open for further replies.