Cheapest Location to buy Accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belano

Jul 13, 2005
Hi, where is the best place to buy accessories like filter lens? I heard Alan Photo @SLS is cheap. Any comments?

Haha serious? I been to cash convertors a few times but never look at camera stuff before. However, the stuffs there are in bad condition and overly charged. Not sure about the camera stuff, are you sure they can be trusted?

any good stuff might already be snapped up by their own staff liao, where gota wait until walk-in customer???:bsmilie:

Belano said:
Haha serious? I been to cash convertors a few times but never look at camera stuff before. However, the stuffs there are in bad condition and overly charged. Not sure about the camera stuff, are you sure they can be trusted?

Belano said:
Hi, where is the best place to buy accessories like filter lens? I heard Alan Photo @SLS is cheap. Any comments?

Better try Cathay or TCW since both are near each other. Alan photo.... if you don't appear to be a 'carrot'

Belano said:
anyshop is cheap if you know how to bargain and you know the street selling price. else you'll just be a "carrot head"

Else if your bargaining skills are not that gung-ho you can try CP (Peninsula), MS (AMK) Colours and Lords (Lucky Plaza). There's another one at Shaw I forgot the name.. haven't been there but heard it's honest.

Ok thanks for the recommendations. Perhaps i will try to do some research on the market price and then i ask you guys for opinion? Or anyone know the market price for the following?
1) 55mm Polarising Filter Lens
2) 2.0x Tele Convertor Lens (Olympus/Vitacon)
3) 0.5 Wide Lens

there is a shop at suntec..... camera shop that sells a lot of filters.... can't remember the name though... it is on second floor when you come out of careffour cashier and turn left... then walk straight ahead.... that stretch.....

went there to buy a dry cabinet.... very good service...
just few days back, went there to ask around for a lowepro bag.... they dun have the one i want and even recommend me to go other shops at penisula to look see look see.

very good.... and honest.....

Wow~ OK thanks i will note that there too.

Ok thanks for that. I think i will probably down to Sim Lim Square AP to get myself a Cir-Polarising len today. Hopefully can get a good bargain. Haha you guys are great~ thanks for so many advices.

That's correct. DON'T GO SONG BROTHERS!!!

Sales people behave like gangster. Also, I experience that one salesman (at Song Sim Lim) requested to slot in my credit card data BEFORE he's willing to show me the nikon lense I tried to buy from them. At the end, I didn't buy due to some dirt on the glass I saw, and he was so upset to almost want to trap me in the shop. He even tried to use a VERY DIRTY brush to brush away the "dirt" in the lens, hoping it went and away so I would buy it. (Dun even know the basic knowledge of cleaning lenses glasses to sell lense!!!) The lense got dirtier after the dirty brush, thus I decided to leave the shop at once.

Song Brothers price are NOT as cheap as advertised sometimes. Worse, NO PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE AT ALL. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. To my observation, Song Brothers are only there to lure tourists business!!

Sorry I won't rule out that some people must have some happy experience with Song Brothers, but I'm just quoting my bad experience for your reference. By all means go there if you feel like to. You may see different things from my description.

but they always give you best prices.. kekeke best for them.. not you.. ahah

Belano said:
Ok thanks for that. I think i will probably down to Sim Lim Square AP to get myself a Cir-Polarising len today. Hopefully can get a good bargain. Haha you guys are great~ thanks for so many advices.
still insist on going to AP? good luck. they also give best prices sometimes.

Hi guys, its me again. Where is this Cathay Photo Shop btw?

Cheap stuff there? Honest?

Status
Not open for further replies.