Cheapest lab for digital print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skdls

Nov 24, 2003
Hi, anyone has latest info on where is the cheapest lab for digital print in city area?? Thank you veyr much.

Dear guys,

i just walked past no.1 Color Centre in ParkWay yesterday and i saw absolutely ridiculous prices.

$0.20 for 4R (above a certain amount).

spoil market price, according to some other minilab owners i spoke to

how's the quality of this no.1 color centre? I got 100+ shots for my auntie's bday and she wants it cheap so she is going there. I am abit skeptical about the quality though.. as in what paper they use? etc.. hrm

alankuik said:
Dear guys,

i just walked past no.1 Color Centre in ParkWay yesterday and i saw absolutely ridiculous prices.

$0.20 for 4R (above a certain amount).

spoil market price, according to some other minilab owners i spoke to
I think I am familiar with the area at parkway parade. If I am not wrong, there are three main consumer level photo printing centres there: Standard Photo, Singapore Colour Centre and No.1 Colour Centre.

No. 1 Colour Centre: Not to offend, I find the quality of the printing at No.1 Colour Centre slightly unreliable. My relatives printed their family photographs there before and I realized that they use some kind of automatic enhancements which are at times uneffective and even destructive to the hue of the colours of the photograph (colour tints). They use Konica paper if I am not wrong. However overall, the prints are alright for the amount they charge.

Standard Photo: This photo printing shop was my favourite a few years ago before I switched to an "A" monitored lab. Paper media is Kodak Endura paper. It is resonably quite good in the colour accuracy though it can't be compared to the monitored lab I mentioned. Charges are 30 cents per [4R] size (minimum 10 photos). In my opinion, I would recommend this shop rather than the No.1 colour centre.

These 2 labs are sort of rivals. The fact is that they are just directly opposite facing each other. On weekends, both shops will be crowded with families queueing up to collect their photographs or send them in.

Singapore Colour Centre: I supposed it is run under the same company as standard photo. So I assume the prices and quality wouldn't differ much.

To conclude: I would advise you to choose standard photo if you want to be on the safe side (also if you have a little more spare cash). Wheareas if you want to save money to sacrifice for reliability, choose the no.1 colour centre.

I hoped I had explained myself clealy and accurately. All the best to your photos. ;)

hrm thx for the reply
she's decided to go to no1 color centre at parkway tomorrow.. I hope eveyrhting should be fine.. i told her to told the person not to adjust anymore as I've done all the adjustments on my PS

ZeroDivine said:
hrm thx for the reply
she's decided to go to no1 color centre at parkway tomorrow.. I hope eveyrhting should be fine.. i told her to told the person not to adjust anymore as I've done all the adjustments on my PS

halo ZeroDivine..

can u get us updated on the development of those pic..

got like 3++ to develop...

thanks

actually if i'm not wrong.... no.1 has quite a few outlets islandwide..
and parkway is not the only one that's offering 20cents above a certain no.

Anyway, my post previously was so long ago. not sure if still is that price.
let's wait for a fieldreport.

ok she just came back abt 1-2 hrs ago and I've looked at the results. Pretty impressive for 20c. No quibbles at all.. the colour come out true to my monitor.. I see no strange adjusment/hue colour whatsoever. Konica golden paper seems alright too. Final verdict: if u want cheap and good quality print, do consider this one. Just tell them not to adjust anything and it should be fine.

If you need quality prints cheaply (well, reasonably cheaply), you could go to Kim Tian Color (KT) at Hong Lim Complex. Clubsnap members get 10% discount on their prices.

They use Fuji Crystal Archive Supreme paper too. Reliable, consistent and nice colors too.

I think it will be wise not to use No. 1 Colour Centre for large amounts of prints because different people print different stuff... Different results everytime.

And that they charge so low prices, I assume their staff pay must be low too. Would a lowly-paid printer adjust colors carefully for you?

I already printed 2 twice from the No.1 Color Center from Raffles City 3rd level. The quality seem ok for normal photos like family outing, gather or bday pictures. Try to get the Glossy finish which it give you much nicer effect. For me, 20 cents per pic with that quality still not bad as it save me huge amount of money for those not so important photos. The colour turn out quite nice when I ask them not to adjust my coloring and use a glossy finish.

I won't denied paying more you deffinately can get better output. It really depend on your need for the photos you developed.

The minimum pics to get that price is 100 and normally you have to ask them to charge you at 20 cents if you got over 100 pic. Coz their system still charging 25 cents.

The price is $0.25 for those less than 100, and $0.20 for those more than 100.

I just printed 200+ from the No.1 Colour center. I think the reason why they can go so cheap is mainly because everything is automated, from submission to printing. When they go for volume, they can offer it at a low price, and I do not see anything wrong with that.

I do not see any significant different in terms of quality, the only thing that is noticeable is probably the some chemical residues left on the photo, probably a result of quick drying technic. Also notice the pics are slightly darker / less contrast, but that's probably my monitor's calibration not optimised.

Not to mention, it can be quite a significant cost saving to u, imagine paying S$20 against S$25 or even S$30 for 100 prints.

If u have doubt, why not try them, and compare the pics against those printed else where.

yea I agree for those not so important prints.. it can save u quite a few bucks than going for those 30c per print. And the difference is quite minimal. Don't tell me Konica is inferior? They've been in the same business as fuji/kodak for decades too..

Status
Not open for further replies.