Cheapest filter just for lens protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

palm101

Sep 5, 2005
I would like to buy a filter of 52mm thread. I just want it to protect the lens coating. Should I get a IR filter or UV filter or any other filter. Is there a filter without any coating? What is the cheapest choice? What kind of price range am I looking at?

Thanks for your time.

u could get a HOYA UV filter for abt 10 bucks..hmm that will do

i think shld go for the uv filter first.....block out the uv light at same time act as lens protector...can keep it on permanently also without worries.....other filters are more of a "use as per situation" basis.

A word of warning:

If u use cheap filters beware of "ghosting effects" when u shoot at night. Will happen if your scene has bright spots of light. If u're affected just remove the filter before shooting, or buy the more ex. HMC filters.

HOYA:thumbsup:

palm101 said:
I would like to buy a filter of 52mm thread. I just want it to protect the lens coating. Should I get a IR filter or UV filter or any other filter. Is there a filter without any coating? What is the cheapest choice?\

The cheapest and best "protection filter" goes by the name "lens cap".

how much should I pay for a hoya uv filter? and where can i buy it?

palm101 said:
how much should I pay for a hoya uv filter? and where can i buy it?
As seanlim mentioned, it's abt $10. U can get it from Cathay Photo, Alan Photo, MS Color and almost any other camera shops :)

I have a spare Hoya 52mm UV filter ... If u want, I can sell it to u for $5. But u'll have to self-collect at Bukit Panjang ...

solarii said:
A word of warning:

If u use cheap filters beware of "ghosting effects" when u shoot at night. Will happen if your scene has bright spots of light. If u're affected just remove the filter before shooting, or buy the more ex. HMC filters.

how much is a HMC UV filter???

Status
Not open for further replies.