Cheapest bookstore for photography books

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooliganss

Sep 25, 2008
Just discovered this website http://opentrolley.com.sg from another forum. Prices are really competitive.

Is there any cheaper bookshop out there? Feel free to share.

I share with you all an accidental find: Clementi Book Store, Clementi Central.

Yes, they sell mostly textbooks for tertiary students, but they do have a small section on photography. I happened to spot one copy of "Photography - 9th ed" by London, Upton, Stone. This book not cheap. Borders sells it for S$224. Amazon.com sells it for US$100++ (excl. shipping)

101779215.jpg

Clementi Book Store sold this copy for $48+. (That's right, forty-eight dollars) Content exactly the same, but it is "International Edition" licensed for sale only outside USA. I didn't even know got such thing. Needless to say, I grabbed it.

So if you happen to be in that area, might be worth checking out.

Last edited:

Yes, they sell mostly textbooks for tertiary students, but they do have a small section on photography. I happened to spot one copy of "Photography - 9th ed" by London, Upton, Stone. This book not cheap. Borders sells it for S$224. Amazon.com sells it for US$100++ (excl. shipping)

Clementi Book Store sold this copy for $48+. (That's right, forty-eight dollars) Content exactly the same, but it is "International Edition" licensed for sale only outside USA. I didn't even know got such thing. Needless to say, I grabbed it.

That sure is an unusual find :thumbsup: Will be worth a visit if the title you are getting is available there.

Previously, I had bought my photography books from Riceball and Kinokuniya but now I buy from Amazon. Recently, I had purchased two books from Amazon for about 100 SGD inclusive of shipping. The same two books would have cost me 140 SGD if bought from Riceball/Kinokuniya.

I used Amazon before but it takes kinda long. And I prefer to buy locally coz I feel more secure.

101779215.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of savings! :eek:

I'm a great book lover and I usually get my photo books from the main Borders Singapore store at Wheelock or Amazon.com.

At Borders, sign up for the membership, and you'll get emails with discount coupons. So sometimes you'll get like 20-30% off and additional 10% off for members. That's quite a fair bit of savings.

I go amazon only for hard to find books, but their shipping charges kills.

Thanks for the heads up on Clementi Bookstore. Will check it out someday.

Actually, if buying more than 2 books, depending on price of the book, it's usually cheaper on Amazon than Borders/Kino on their discount days.

Yes the shipping is long at 2 weeks but there's no rush in getting the book.

That sure is an unusual find :thumbsup: Will be worth a visit if the title you are getting is available there.

Previously, I had bought my photography books from Riceball and Kinokuniya but now I buy from Amazon. Recently, I had purchased two books from Amazon for about 100 SGD inclusive of shipping. The same two books would have cost me 140 SGD if bought from Riceball/Kinokuniya.

I think even if you ask the shop to order it in, it will still be cheaper than anywhere else.
(For this particular title, anyway)

40-50 dollars is worth the wait one.....

2 weeks isnt take long lah..... and the money saved can go a long way.

How about the bookstore @ Funan?

Riceball is the one at first floor right?

beside "riceball" there's one at 3rd floor funan "computer centre" ,,, now now,,, dont be fooled by the store name,, they have a small section of photograpy books, just both one today with a $6 discount "exposure" by j. wignal mind you some of he more common books there are cheeper than riceball, by 5-10 bucks,,, my 2c :)

hey, maybe one of us could start a new sticky on photo bookstores...

but can't blame the stores with a higher pricetag. there are risk of holding these books if they dun sell, and as we know, the reader population may not be very big. moreover, one must be able to know the contents in order to buy the book. internet purchse dun offer such browsing. of cos there is this waiting time.

True! Somemore Riceball is located on the first floor. Rental confirm more expensive.

101779215.jpg

International Ed is always cheaper and costs around $50. Clementi Bookstore always sells TB cheaper than NUS Coop and gives free plastic cover. Funny NUS Coop still have this lowest price guarantee scheme- they will refund difference if you can buy same book cheaper elsewhere. Wonder if there are NUS students exploit this scheme.

Oh btw... juz FYI, 2cents worth..

I stopped by Clementi Bookstore juz now (sunday) and found it CLOSED..

For those who wanna check out the store, pls be informed that they r CLOSED on sundays and public holidays.. 9.30am to.. ??? on saturdays.. Weekdays business as usual.. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.