Cheapest bookstore for photography books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh btw... juz FYI, 2cents worth..

I stopped by Clementi Bookstore juz now (sunday) and found it CLOSED..

For those who wanna check out the store, pls be informed that they r CLOSED on sundays and public holidays.. 9.30am to.. ??? on saturdays.. Weekdays business as usual.. -.-

They close pretty early also. Maybe 7 or 7.30pm? Best go before 6pm to be sure. I don't live near there so I can't really check.

Oh btw... juz FYI, 2cents worth..

I stopped by Clementi Bookstore juz now (sunday) and found it CLOSED..

For those who wanna check out the store, pls be informed that they r CLOSED on sundays and public holidays.. 9.30am to.. ??? on saturdays.. Weekdays business as usual.. -.-

Went there on Sat. They closed at 6pm.

I share with you all an accidental find: Clementi Book Store, Clementi Central.

Yes, they sell mostly textbooks for tertiary students, but they do have a small section on photography. I happened to spot one copy of "Photography - 9th ed" by London, Upton, Stone. This book not cheap. Borders sells it for S$224. Amazon.com sells it for US$100++ (excl. shipping)

101779215.jpg

Clementi Book Store sold this copy for $48+. (That's right, forty-eight dollars) Content exactly the same, but it is "International Edition" licensed for sale only outside USA. I didn't even know got such thing. Needless to say, I grabbed it.

So if you happen to be in that area, might be worth checking out.

Heads up, yo. Was at The Computer Bookstore at Funan IT Mall yesterday. Spotted one copy of the above book. Yes, Pearson International Edition. $48.00. Those who are interested may want to check it out.

Do note that this is more of a textbook, meaning that compared to many of the more recent photography titles out there, "Photography" 9th ed. is quite old school in its approach, with a lot of emphasis on traditional film techniques. The digital component was only added in recent additions. As such, some readers might find a lot of info that's quite redundant. But old-skool photographers and purists might appreciate this book.

Discount code for OpenTrolley
7% discount storewide to celebrate their delivery time reduction to 4-7 days.
Code: SEPT09 valid til 30 Sept 09

http://opentrolley.com.sg

International Ed is always cheaper and costs around $50. Clementi Bookstore always sells TB cheaper than NUS Coop and gives free plastic cover. Funny NUS Coop still have this lowest price guarantee scheme- they will refund difference if you can buy same book cheaper elsewhere. Wonder if there are NUS students exploit this scheme.

Aiya...all these are only gimmicks. Courts also have lowest price guarantee scheme, BUT, ONLY compare against 5 largest competitors: Harvey Norman, Best Denki, Audio House, Challenger and Gain City - within 7 days from your purchase date. Anyway, I always find their price is like...at least 15% more than neighbourhood shops...:confused:

Hi, The international edition is also priced at 48/- at 3rd level Funan. It may or may not be available there, but you can place an order if you can quote the ISBN number of the book

Last edited:
Aiya...all these are only gimmicks. Courts also have lowest price guarantee scheme, BUT, ONLY compare against 5 largest competitors: Harvey Norman, Best Denki, Audio House, Challenger and Gain City - within 7 days from your purchase date. Anyway, I always find their price is like...at least 15% more than neighbourhood shops...:confused:

Yup and the lowest price guarantee only applies to competitors' advertised prices. Seeing how most of these companies cannot openly advertise deals (you see something like "Popular Japanese brand DSLR special price!"), how are you going to show proof that there is a price difference?! You can try buying a piece of the same thing at a competitor, and show them the receipt and they will refund you the difference. So now you have 2 units of the same thing. Brilliant! :bsmilie:

I never know how these guarantee works. So much terms and conditions.

Just find it weird that after 2 pages, no one mentioned of bookdepository.co.uk? Its cheaper than opentrolley last i did a comparison.
Free shipping and reg mail to yr address.

I don't know if this is too late, but you can get 10% off further if you use DBS/POSB card at OpenTrolley. Expiring in a few days and if you order now, won't likely to be delivered by new year.

Just bought Mastering the Nikon D300 for $44. A pretty good deal I think

TnC at http://opentrolley.com.sg/dbs.html

I'm staying so near Clementi yet I'm unaware of such thing.. :bsmilie:

But in most cases, for leisure reading, I'll head down to the library for photography books.
Cos it's F.O.C! ;)

riceball > open trolley > amazon

Amazon is the cheapest even with shipping especially if you order quite a few books...
Bought six books recently which would have come up to approx $300 if i bought from borders and approx $245 from opentrolley but only paid $190 from amazon

All u need is a normal POSB ATM card

I think Amazon is still great for buying 5-6 books. But if it's only 1-3 books, opentrolley seems good.

Status
Not open for further replies.