Cheapest 4R Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSeet

Mar 11, 2003
North East
www.kelvinseet.com
Hi all

Just wondering where is the cheapest place to print 4R nowadays.

I saw some ads in the past advertising 15c per 4R with more than 100 prints ordered...

Any idea?

ThankS!

I recently printed about 200 prints for 20c each. 15c is already very cheap. I don't think u can find any cheaper elsewhere.

Superior Photo Lab at Change Alley (the overhead bridge from Clifford Pier to Clifford Centre)

15 cents per 4R print for 100 or more. I think the whole place is going to be demolished early next year, so better go fast.

Hi all

Just wondering where is the cheapest place to print 4R nowadays.

I saw some ads in the past advertising 15c per 4R with more than 100 prints ordered...

Any idea?

ThankS!

:nono: cheap may not mean good. 15cents sound like cost price of a kodak print. Print out then say. Now some(not all) shops are not using the original kodak, konica or fuji chemicals. In fact they use some china branded one. Therefore ur prints may fade.

did my printings there too.
;)

But I prefer the other shop, directly opposite Konica shop. The print quality there is much much better but it's 25c per print regardless of quantity. My recent print at Konica (200 copies) were for my mother-in-law who was in town recently when my wife and I took her sightseeing. I would have definitely paid 25c at the other shop for my own copies.

As someone already mentioned, cheap is not necessarily good. In fact, most of the time, cheap = no good.

I remember No.1 Color Centre (are they still around?) using Konica-Minolta minilabs. 20-25c per pc. Absolutely horrible. Regardless of whether you develop film or digital, your prints come out looking as if you shot with a cheapo 1.3 megapixel camera. And they are VERY careless (at least the one I went to somewhere in Woodlands) with your negs. Always managed to damage them somehow. So if it's for personal use, don't ever go "cheap".

Unless you're printing for non-crucial events school/company ppl who see the pics one time and forget about them immediately after.

how's their quality?

Well... very normal lor... The colour is still ok to me.
But it depends on personal preference. ;p

However, during my recent printing with them... I notice that theres some obvious color lines on some of my prints... Not sure if anyone have having the same experience.
Anyway... this is just my views. ;)

But I prefer the other shop, directly opposite Konica shop. The print quality there is much much better but it's 25c per print regardless of quantity. My recent print at Konica (200 copies) were for my mother-in-law who was in town recently when my wife and I took her sightseeing. I would have definitely paid 25c at the other shop for my own copies.

Hmm... will try their service next time.
Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

Well... very normal lor... The colour is still ok to me.
But it depends on personal preference. ;p

However, during my recent printing with them... I notice that theres some obvious color lines on some of my prints... Not sure if anyone have having the same experience.
Anyway... this is just my views. ;)

Thanks for the info.

The photo shop at Toa Payoh central next to the Kentacky (not the one next to the breadtalk), is offering 20 cents a copy but must be minimum $20 per print. I just printed about 450 photos from the shop recently.

Are the prints of decent quality? I had bad experience with a shop that offers very low price but horrible quality + customer service.

:nono: cheap may not mean good. 15cents sound like cost price of a kodak print. Print out then say. Now some(not all) shops are not using the original kodak, konica or fuji chemicals. In fact they use some china branded one. Therefore ur prints may fade.

I went to a photo lab Tampines MRT, shop says they uses Kodak paper.
My prints came out are dull in color (I thought something is wrong is my camera), and the paper is a bit thin compared to my other prints.

You are correct, some shops say they use branded products, but end up they use substitutes.
I think it is trial and error.

It is ok here to do sticky post on those highly recommended photo labs.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.