Cheaper Source on some new Nikon Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niccon

Mar 9, 2004
I was web surfing ebay for some price indication of used VR lens when chanced upon a HK seller which sell some new (thats what he claimed) original nikon lens at good discount.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...erid=amhlee&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

18-35
70-200 vr
80-400 vr

there are others new nikon, leica, canon lens and mamiya, rollei, gitzo products as well.

Feedback from previous buyers are good. One buyer even bought a ads 400 2.8 from him at US$5800, see below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3343&item=3807697032

May these info be helpful for those who used to buying from ebay.

Note : I DO NOT KNOW THE SELLER. FOR YOUR INFO ONLY, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEALING WITH THE SELLER.

I don't see how good the prices are actually, after conversion to SGD, most of them are about the same price as local sets.

espn said:
I don't see how good the prices are actually, after conversion to SGD, most of them are about the same price as local sets.

If I am not wrong 70-200 Vr at US$1450+75 for postage & insurance when converted to S$ at 1us : 1.725s is about $2650.

A new unit here cost about $3100.

So a saving of 450 (of course, there are risk factors and warranty issue) for 70-200 vr, 230 for 18-35 & I think 300 for 80-400 vr.

Well, I think it is individual view on these saving & purchasing habit after all. :)

I think most ppl here can get a bit more discount when shopping at their preferred shop .. esp all the seniors :bsmilie:

IF you have time, just browse a photographic web-shop back home in Indonesia .. www.ek-gadgets.com or www.jpckemang.com
[try mentioning my name Bobby from Gadtorade .. I dunno if the owner still knows me or not :D ]

Their price is also not bad ... considering with lens ... you can get i'tl warranty if have the receipt and warranty card.

=bob=

I bought my AF-S VR 70-200mm. Paid around S$ 2500+ after conversion. The guy (Anthony) is very helpfull and professional.

Note: I don't know the seller on personal basis. Any dealing with him is at your own risk.

I definitely want to buy a 70-200VR but feels that Singapore shops (Nikon Singapore is at fault here) are selling it too expensively.

Where did you buy the lens at 2,500 from. What warranty coverage?

Thanks.

Antohalim said:
I bought my AF-S VR 70-200mm. Paid around S$ 2500+ after conversion. The guy (Anthony) is very helpfull and professional.

Note: I don't know the seller on personal basis. Any dealing with him is at your own risk.

Lens warranty is one year international, I believe. For a cheaper alternative, you guys can check out nearby KL. I've checked and prices there are quite a bit cheaper than in SIngapore.

For example, the cheapest price I found in Singapore is in the region of S$3100-3150, however, several quotes I've gotten from shops in KL were in the region of S$2760-2850. Guess where I'll be buying my 70-200VR from? ;)

Forto said:
I definitely want to buy a 70-200VR but feels that Singapore shops (Nikon Singapore is at fault here) are selling it too expensively.

Where did you buy the lens at 2,500 from. What warranty coverage?

Thanks.

Here's the E-Bay link: http://stores.ebay.com/Anthony-Camera-Collection

Warranty is 1 year by the store, meaning anything wrong with the lens within 1 year, the lens can be shipped back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.