Cheaper range lens: Nikon generally better build then Canon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
I always been told that for all the cheaper lens... 18-55mm, 50mm f1.8, 35mm f2 etc.etc. that Nikon ones are better made then Canon??

I was in Funan today, deciding to get a 35mm f2 or not and the salesman started to chitchat with me on other stuff.. so cut story short, he say since I am not one that gonna buy high grade lens, generally speaking Nikon lower range lens are better build then Canon...

( I am a Canon dlsr user btw but no collection of good lens so still can sell and switch)

I been tempted to switch to nikon for few reason: Their JPEG looks nicer.. shutter sound sweeter (this shows how much newbie i am) .. and frens hv more nikon lens i can borrow and try :)

and if its a fact that low range nikon lens are better then the low range canons.. then I might hv another reason to jump boat ...

pls, this is not a canon vs nikon thing .. i just ask over the basis of the LOWER RANGE LENS like kit kens, 50mm, 35mm .. ie those below sgd$600

Better build maybe, but Nikon lenses cost more

since you have friends using the nikon system, why dun you borrow the camera + lenses from them, shoot a few photos. then shoot a few photos using your canon + similar lenses and settings. then upload to computer and compare them side by side, see if you can find any differences, and decide from there.

You will be paying higher price for nikon lens

i dont think theres THAT much difference...
like you said, your a newbie... so why bother swapping systems if you can't actually notice any difference in image quality yourself...

oh and if youre going to go throught the trouble of swapping systems simply for the "shutter sound" then ill just shut up now... lol

Last edited:
thks for the reply... i used nikon before but it was not a fair comparison as it was a D90 and mine is a 450D .. so obviously in some low light shot.. the D90 wins... and the D90 was ising better lens then my kit lens that time.. took the photos in the same place, same time...

shutter sound, it may sound as dumb.. but i think there are ppl like me that bothers with it.. haha

ok, on the PQ side, i was thinking if i were to hv like only 3 lens... i might as well go for one that has better qualuty while costing a bit more (since its lower price range, the premium i need to pay more isnt that much also)

but indeed we concluded that Nikon lower range lens are better build but higher price... ... that is what i wanted to confirm

as for the rest... let me go dig and think... i got frens having some 70-200mm f2.8 . a lens that i cannot afford... but i can borrow for a while :)

Status
Not open for further replies.