Cheaper in Hong Kong or Taiwan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennyon

Apr 28, 2006
I'm wondering if it's cheaper to get lens in Hong Kong or Taiwan?

Not sure about Taiwan, defintely cheaper in HKG, especially with the current exchange rates.

Not sure about Taiwan, defintely cheaper in HKG, especially with the current exchange rates.

Ya, I found a lot of threads discussing HK shops, but no one seems to have any idea of the prices in Taiwan... :dunno:

But one thing I know is that Japan seems more expensive then Singapore... at least with the current exchange rates!

I think most of us have opportunity to go to Hong Kong and since the price is much cheaper than Singapore, we tends to get stuff in Hong Kong. And since Hong Kong price is comparable to the US price, most will be satisfy with what we are getting.

If you go to Taiwan often, perhaps you can provide us with the price you find there?

I think most of us have opportunity to go to Hong Kong and since the price is much cheaper than Singapore, we tends to get stuff in Hong Kong. And since Hong Kong price is comparable to the US price, most will be satisfy with what we are getting.

If you go to Taiwan often, perhaps you can provide us with the price you find there?

I will be gonig there around Sept. There is a street in taipei known as the camera street.. w:cool: Think will be visiting that street

I will be gonig there around Sept. There is a street in taipei known as the camera street.. w:cool: Think will be visiting that street

I guess you can just give up that idea if you are refering to the street near the Taipei train station, beside NOVA and a big shopping mall. Tha prices there are about the same as in singapore when i was there in end 2005 and beginning 2006. At that time the rates are like 1:20, and some lenses are infact cheaper in singapore when i ask around in taipei. Prices of photography equipments in Taichung, Tainan and Kaoshiung are basically almost like singapore, but i find that singapore sometimes are cheaper. Did not ask about the tax rebate though.

I guess you can just give up that idea if you are refering to the street near the Taipei train station, beside NOVA and a big shopping mall. Tha prices there are about the same as in singapore when i was there in end 2005 and beginning 2006. At that time the rates are like 1:20, and some lenses are infact cheaper in singapore when i ask around in taipei. Prices of photography equipments in Taichung, Tainan and Kaoshiung are basically almost like singapore, but i find that singapore sometimes are cheaper. Did not ask about the tax rebate though.

oh isit..didn't went to taipei before therefore not too sure about the prices over there.
the exchange rate is 1:23 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.