cheap tripod


Status
Not open for further replies.

chaotic

New Member
Feb 14, 2002
697
0
0
41
I am looking for a cheap but decent tripod for my nikon 995. It has to be light too so that I can bring on my travels. Anyone got any models to recommend?
 

Prime

New Member
Mar 24, 2002
176
0
0
45
AMK
Visit site
I've just got a Panasonic Tripod from Lucky Plaza for $25.
It can go up to around 1.5 ~1.6m, with a water levering device, quick release, quite light, with a bag.
Hope this help. ;)
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Prime
I've just got a Panasonic Tripod from Lucky Plaza for $25.
It can go up to around 1.5 ~1.6m, with a water levering device, quick release, quite light, with a bag.
Hope this help. ;)
Is it usable on a A40?
 

Prime

New Member
Mar 24, 2002
176
0
0
45
AMK
Visit site
I think all screw threads should be of the standard size...
Anyone can confirm on this? :dunno:
 

B

Belle&Sebastian

Guest
Yes all screw heads are the same for 35mm & digital. ;)
 

Minimalis

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
1,051
0
36
42
Bukit Batok
SLIK Pro 340DX, wonderful tripod, small and light...$130 at CP
 

superhero

New Member
Apr 24, 2002
69
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by Prime
I've just got a Panasonic Tripod from Lucky Plaza for $25.
It can go up to around 1.5 ~1.6m, with a water levering device, quick release, quite light, with a bag.
Hope this help. ;)
which shop in lucky plaze? :D

can take a pic of the tripod?
thanksssss :)
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
36
Visit site
Originally posted by Minimalis
SLIK Pro 340DX, wonderful tripod, small and light...$130 at CP
Velbon CX 888, wonderful also, $48 at Carrefour.

Think no more liaoz
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Originally posted by superhero


which shop in lucky plaze? :D

can take a pic of the tripod?
thanksssss :)
yeah, interested in the Panasonic tripod also. Seems a good catch.

Pictures pls :)
 

Prime

New Member
Mar 24, 2002
176
0
0
45
AMK
Visit site
Originally posted by superhero


which shop in lucky plaze? :D

can take a pic of the tripod?
thanksssss :)
Hi,
I can't remember the shop's name.
Just use the underpass from Takashimaya.
When you reach the other end, you should be able to see the shop that I've mention.
It's just infront of the underpass.
The tripod is on display, on the floor with long white box and Panasonic logo on it.
But you must try bargain with the saleman.
Just say that another shop is offering $20~$25 but is the display set so you din take.
The saleman should just give in.
This is from my past experience few week ago.
Good Luck!

I don't have any photo of it right now.
But after using it for sometime now, I feel that is is a little bit short and slightly unsteady (therefore I use timer, to reduce shake from my hand when triggering the shot.)
 

revenant

New Member
Apr 8, 2002
1,101
0
0
35
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Prime


Hi,
I can't remember the shop's name.
Just use the underpass from Takashimaya.
When you reach the other end, you should be able to see the shop that I've mention.
It's just infront of the underpass.
The tripod is on display, on the floor with long white box and Panasonic logo on it.
But you must try bargain with the saleman.
Just say that another shop is offering $20~$25 but is the display set so you din take.
The saleman should just give in.
This is from my past experience few week ago.
Good Luck!

I don't have any photo of it right now.
But after using it for sometime now, I feel that is is a little bit short and slightly unsteady (therefore I use timer, to reduce shake from my hand when triggering the shot.)
It's 1.5 - 1.6m tall right?
 

superhero

New Member
Apr 24, 2002
69
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by Prime


Hi,
I can't remember the shop's name.
Just use the underpass from Takashimaya.
When you reach the other end, you should be able to see the shop that I've mention.
It's just infront of the underpass.
The tripod is on display, on the floor with long white box and Panasonic logo on it.
But you must try bargain with the saleman.
Just say that another shop is offering $20~$25 but is the display set so you din take.
The saleman should just give in.
This is from my past experience few week ago.
Good Luck!

I don't have any photo of it right now.
But after using it for sometime now, I feel that is is a little bit short and slightly unsteady (therefore I use timer, to reduce shake from my hand when triggering the shot.)
underpass from taka to where? shaw? wistma?

lol tink gonna have a hard time lookin for it......coz the underpass is alwiz so packed.

what does the shop major/sell in ?? cam stuffs?

hehe......thanks for the reply. :D
 

PsychoBoy

New Member
Apr 9, 2002
267
0
0
psychoboy.siaosiao.net
Originally posted by superhero


underpass from taka to where? shaw? wistma?

lol tink gonna have a hard time lookin for it......coz the underpass is alwiz so packed.

what does the shop major/sell in ?? cam stuffs?

hehe......thanks for the reply. :D
I think what he mean is the underpass from Ngee Ann City to Lucky Plaza. the underpass is just next to Levi's in Ngee Ann City. get to the other side and you will see 3-4 camera shops, and more in other level. alot of camera shops there but be careful of the price they quote you.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.