cheap tripod at carrefour for travelling use

Status
Not open for further replies.

scong19

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
harlow ppl,

i came across a cheap and small tripod at carrefour yesterday.
looks approx 30 cm when folded. the legs aren't that thick but i supposed it's sufficient for a small camera like my Oly c2040.
does anyone has any experience using this tripod?
btw it costs $12.90 i think and from the looks of it is good and cheap enuff to bring on a trip.
so any comments?

cheers, ;)

Originally posted by scong19
harlow ppl,

looks approx 30 cm when folded. the legs aren't that thick but i supposed it's sufficient for a small camera like my Oly c2040.
btw it costs $12.90 i think and from the looks of it is good and cheap enuff to bring on a trip.
so any comments?

cheers, ;)

Yes, had seen it. it's stable and cheap. Can even use it for my surround speakers.

Hmmms, sound interesting. How heavy is it. After you extend fully what is the height?

I've seen it last week also...

But if I remember correctly, should be $13.90, 4 sections, no quick release, very light, come with a tripod bag...

Quite a good buy if you don't mind it being a bit shaky and the trouble to tighten the screw everytime...

;)

Oh No! No quick release then won't do for me.

Prime you are still looking for the Lowepro DR beltpack ah?

Originally posted by Kevin
Oh No! No quick release then won't do for me.

Prime you are still looking for the Lowepro DR beltpack ah?

Yup, still no stock. :(

Well, was thinking of selling my brand new unused one to you because my wife said I looked like pregnan lady with it. Use it today as a last trial to see if I want to get rid of it.

The verdict is, I love it. Never mind the look but it is very practical. Grab one from CP when the stock come in 2 weeks times.

Cheers-- ;)

Originally posted by scong19
harlow ppl,

so any comments?

cheers, ;)

well of course you have a digicam... I don't know what it looked like...sooo.... post some pics of the tripod!!!!! duh! :D

Well, was thinking of selling my brand new unused one to you because my wife said I looked like pregnan lady with it. Use it today as a last trial to see if I want to get rid of it.

The verdict is, I love it. Never mind the look but it is very practical. Grab one from CP when the stock come in 2 weeks times.

Cheers-- ;)

Hi Kevin,
finally got it!

Very practical indeed, but slightly too big.
Thanks!

Originally posted by Prime

Hi Kevin,
finally got it!

Very practical indeed, but slightly too big.
Thanks!
Congrat! Now you look as pregnan as me. :bsmilie:

how much u got it for?

any pic of the tripod?

Originally posted by siron
Cheap tripod worth it not ahh?
Anyway I wanna buy a small table tripod..what is good?

Ultrapod or the ballpod. both have a ballhead rather than a flat one.

Actually, carrefour had another tripod on sale b4 the present one. The previous tripod on sale was slightly bigger i think, and had a quick release. Not sure if carrefour still stock it right now. Was going for under $20 if I remember correctly.

Congrat! Now you look as pregnan as me. :bsmilie:

Is there any other casing for the DC?
dun really wan to be pregnan so sooon....
:cry:

Just a quick check... is it that all tripods will fit the camera? I mean the screw... is it a standard size? If i buy a tripod that fits a minolta cam, will it fit a nikon one in future?

Originally posted by stl
Just a quick check... is it that all tripods will fit the camera? I mean the screw... is it a standard size? If i buy a tripod that fits a minolta cam, will it fit a nikon one in future?

Hi,
I din think of this question when I brought my tripod...
I think it should be standard size lah.

Any expert out there to comment on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.