Cheap PnS camera with manual controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2004
Sorry, kinda lost touch with the market already.

Am currently using a Canon Powershot A95 but looking for a replacement. I really relish being able to adjust both shutter and aperture in certain situations.

Any suggestions for a cheap PnS camera with manual controls? Preferably those that accept AA batteries as well...

The new A series do not come with manual controls any longer :(

before my DSLR, i was using a old model Panasonic FZ8.
it comes with manual controls.

Lots of good review about it. I learn alot of my basic from that cam.

not so sure about recent new models though...

NeTHaCk

Dec 8, 2004
Tampines
these two models are not selling anymore, best denki still have some stocks as they are gradually phased out :)
still selling :) seriously.. it's a lovely camera! gf owns it and i would recommend it too. besides, its' got 5X zoom with manual control. when you're lazy to carry the dslr around ,this lil angel is the replacement camera :)

get the lz10. the lz8 is older.. though the lz10 is discontinued but itts stills being sold .. just have to look out for it

Jul 30, 2004
Wow. But I prefer to get something newer if possible, cos I plan on getting it only in April (gotta wait for my work to start and my salary!)...

Is there anything more current that's around the $200-300 range? My budget is around $300 :)

Also is there any website where I can get a rough gauge of local prices?

Last edited:

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Wow. But I prefer to get something newer if possible, cos I plan on getting it only in April (gotta wait for my work to start and my salary!)...

Is there anything more current that's around the $200-300 range? My budget is around $300 :)
have u include in the budget for tripod? external flash also. what about dry box?

Jul 30, 2004
have u include in the budget for tripod? external flash also. what about dry box?
I have a tripod already.

I'm not looking for a DSLR btw precisely because I don't want to deal with all those stuff. Just want to be able to take great photos scenery night shots fireworks on my trips overseas :)

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
er..... dslr or p&s, u need dry box to keep the lens of ur p&s fungus free. else the other way is to use it everyday.

Jul 30, 2004
Okay, let's say excluding the dry box, just the camera alone, what would be recommended for a budget of ~$300?

davsmiths

Nov 9, 2004
AMK
I got a really good cond 2nd hand Canon A590IS at $240.

The only grip is that it sucks up AA batteries and the flash recharging time is long between shots.
Other than that, a very capable cheap manual camera.

Jul 30, 2004
no meh?

that's sad..
Yup, the new A2xxx and A1xxx series do not have manual controls any longer. The previous A6xx and A7xx series also had only Av and Tv modes. Which is a very sad thing :(

The C8080 is kinda bulky and quite an old model.

I checked out Alan Photo's website and saw the Fujifilm S1500 for $349. How is that model like?

Yup, the new A2xxx and A1xxx series do not have manual controls any longer. The previous A6xx and A7xx series also had only Av and Tv modes. Which is a very sad thing :(

The C8080 is kinda bulky and quite an old model.

I checked out Alan Photo's website and saw the Fujifilm S1500 for $349. How is that model like?
Tha Fujifilm S1500 is a good cam.....but the S2000HD is better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom