cheap neg to digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi, today i went to a kodak shop at jurong east mrt. They say for a undeveloped roll its $3 and a developed roll is $5.. Issit cheap? they provide the CD and CD cover...

nickpower said:
They say for a undeveloped roll its $3 and a developed roll is $5.. ..

$3 to develop and scan a roll to CD? and $5 to just scan a roll of developed negs to CD? Its a great deal! r u sure?

ed9119 said:
$3 to develop and scan a roll to CD? and $5 to just scan a roll of developed negs to CD? Its a great deal! r u sure?

Thats wat the lady told me... to scan an undeveloped roll of negative in to CD is $3. Then scaning an developed roll of negative into CD is $5. They accept 1 roll or max of 5 rolls per CD.
The shop is infront of the toilet at level 1 of the jurong east mrt.

Do you mean -
$5 to scan developed, cut film strips

$3 to scan rolls that you send to them to develop as well ie add $3 or $3.50 for d/o charges, adding up to $6 to develop and scan a new roll?

what's the resolution that they are scanning at? Keen on it.... :think:

slacker said:
what's the resolution that they are scanning at? Keen on it.... :think:
Kodak shops normally scan at 1536x1024. Fuji is typically 18xx by 12xx. Any higher res will be quite a bit more expensive.

Anyway, I agree with igpenguin. Sounds more like adding $3 on top of the regular $3-3.50 developing charge (i.e. $6-6.50 total) to get the CD of the scans.

Regards
CK

igpenguin said:
Do you mean -
$5 to scan developed, cut film strips

$3 to scan rolls that you send to them to develop as well ie add $3 or $3.50 for d/o charges, adding up to $6 to develop and scan a new roll?

Hmm.. this i am not sure.. but later i will go and see if its juz $3.... keep u guys update...

nickpower said:
Hmm.. this i am not sure.. but later i will go and see if its juz $3.... keep u guys update...

Hi guys, i juz check wif the shop. its not onli $3, u need to pay around $5 more for the development. Total cost around $8.....

a decent film scanner will cost a bomb leh .... :(

slacker said:

ard one k.

slacker said:

Not eraly, you can get a decent sencond hand one for ard 400?

Do consider the minolta dimage dual scan III. Its pretty good. Onlt probalem is that it does not have ICE.

coke21 said:
Not eraly, you can get a decent sencond hand one for ard 400?

Do consider the minolta dimage dual scan III. Its pretty good. Onlt probalem is that it does not have ICE.

While for newly developed negative, ICE will not be essential but for older negative. Guess it will be good to aim at one with ICE else the post-processing after scanning will incur more time than scanning itself. :confused:

While film scanner is expensive in the 1st place, it's a rare find in second-hand market with that price you stated like 400 bucks??? Think the owner of film scanner would want to keep it for good unless an upgrade is needed.

Anyone have any recommendation and the price for a relatively good dedicated film scanner with not a big price tag? Hopefully can scan medium format as well. :think:

Unless u have a lot of negatives, $5 for a developed roll is not too ex leh!

I just got my Minolta Scan Dual III for $480 from Bobmann. Very good scanner although it has no ICE feature. I didn't realise my old negatives were so dirty till I scanned them. Too much dirt stuck on it, yeeks! :bigeyes:

By the way, it can do 2820dpi. so that you can, in theory, scan a 35mm frame into 2,688 x 4,032 pixels. That's roughly 11 megapixels.

yaoxing said:
I just got my Minolta Scan Dual III for $480 from Bobmann. Very good scanner although it has no ICE feature. I didn't realise my old negatives were so dirty till I scanned them. Too much dirt stuck on it, yeeks! :bigeyes:

By the way, it can do 2820dpi. so that you can, in theory, scan a 35mm frame into 2,688 x 4,032 pixels. That's roughly 11 megapixels.

When u wanna sell it off, let me know :D

slacker said:
When u wanna sell it off, let me know :D

hehe.... Bobmann sold it to me because he's upgrading to a Nikon Coolscan which can scan medium format. I'm also considering a cheap Holga medium format camera and will also be considering an upgrade to those scanners once I got hooked to medium format. :)

However, at this moment, both actions are still in a stage of being "considered". :bsmilie:

yaoxing said:

I too had up to 50 negatives (15+ yrs old) with either too much dirt, fungus or whatever on it. How do you get rid of it ? Thanks

yaoxing said:
hehe.... Bobmann sold it to me because he's upgrading to a Nikon Coolscan which can scan medium format. I'm also considering a cheap Holga medium format camera and will also be considering an upgrade to those scanners once I got hooked to medium format. :)

However, at this moment, both actions are still in a stage of being "considered". :bsmilie:

Happen to have a Holga with me. You interested? Only shot 1 roll and keep it in dry box since. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.