Cheap Lenses and Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmjia

Mar 13, 2009
Singapore
ALL:

To all photo enthusiast, just want to ask which is the best place to buy lenses and camera body?In terms of authenticity and price.

Im comparing the prices and was able to ask at Lucky Plaza, Aik Seng Photo and Southern cross ltd. It seems that they are selling in a lesser price.

Canon 17-55mm IS f2.8 they are selling less than 1,300 just an example.

Is this the best place to buy our lenses?

Please provide feedback

Thanks
Mmjia

ALL:

To all photo enthusiast, just want to ask which is the best place to buy lenses and camera body?In terms of authenticity and price.

Im comparing the prices and was able to ask at Lucky Plaza, Aik Seng Photo and Southern cross ltd. It seems that they are selling in a lesser price.

Canon 17-55mm IS f2.8 they are selling less than 1,300 just an example.

Is this the best place to buy our lenses?

Please provide feedback

Thanks
Mmjia

maybe without local canon warranty...
best place can be found at canon thread where u see len price and camera body price as a benchmark... include recommended place to get them as well... cheers...

There is a list of reputable shops as well as a price list in equipment section. Had a look there?
Secondly: GST included? Locals sets including warranty? Grey sets / parallel imports? Was is a serious offer or just a carrot with the stick behind the back? Some shops offer below average, only to tell you later something about promotion, price only valid when bundled with a cheap filter charged at astronomic price.

There is only one shop in lucky plaza which is reliable and recomended by this forum which is Lord.... the rest u buy at ur own risk.....

Do a search in consumer subforum, i believe u will find previous tread talking abt shops in lucky plaza....

And there is sticky tread in canon subforum abt price for canon equipment for guidance and which shops are recommended but even though recommended make sure u do ur homework by checking the price and compare

Hi Chalib/Octarine and TI,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I was really wondering with their prices and a bit shocked. I was just looking for the lens hood today for my 17-55mm and surprised with their prices.
Good thing my wife was there, hehehe imagine a 70-200mm f4 "IS" he is saying $1000.

Anyway thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.