cheap hygrometer

wilb87

Dec 19, 2010
where can i find cheap hygrometer? thanks!

Are hygrometers very expensive ?? :dunno::dunno:

thanks guys, was hoping for a place in singapore to purchase it. i dont mean that they are very expensive, but i hope to find one that is reasonably priced from people who has purchased it before. thanks.

Digital ones can be expensive
Saw a simple analog dial one at Daiso Plaza Sing just last week...

I think at Sim Lim tower, selling around $20-25.
BTW, I ordered many things from dealextreme, the best free shipping :thumbsup:

I ordered from DealExtreme #sku.35061. US$5.90 with free shipping. Bought 2 after reading reviews. They have many uses including checking if your dry box is within range, if your fridge is cold enough but not freezing when storing medicine, outdoors when you know its too hot and humd, indoor for air quality (cool enough, not too dry).

where can i find cheap hygrometer? thanks!
Shouldn't be accuracy your main concern? :dunno:
And even if you state 'reasonable' as your criteria, different people have different opinions about what is a reasonable price.
Google for salt test, it will help you to determine whether the hygrometer is accurate or not. If not, you will know the amount of inaccuracy and can use it 'off-set' when reading the hygrometer.

Try the guitar shops at Peninsula. Owners of high end acoustic guitars are very particular about humidity level for storage of these guitars.

got 1 digital model fr mustaffa level 4 hardware section, also about $25

price is about $20 plus for a decent digital one. Their accuracy should be +/- 5%. if you want a super precise one, then no way it will be cheap. :)

I think with +/- 5% accuracy, good enough for camera device.

Just to update on my hygrometer which was bought from ebay... It cost S$8 (inclusive of shipment cost). It is excellent... Cheap and good (has thermometer, clock, alarm and digital hygrometer). Worth buying.

I bought mine off ebay. I did a salt calibration test and it was way off by 7%. Doesnt matter though just need to -7 from the displayed reading.

Can enlighten what's salt calibration test? thanks.

I bought my hygrometers at Home-Fix. They go for $25+/-.

Which branch was that? I was at the Marina Sq one last week.. Couldnt find any hygrometers.. asked the lady at the counter... got a blank stare...:bsmilie:

So I just ordered one from ebay.. from a HK seller.. around $4 USD.

Last edited: