Cheap good slave flash... with enuff reach...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tis 1 not portable leh... purpose y i use RF is cos outdoors hard to use flash trigger mah...

anyway, i bought the tunster's tat RF thingy lah..
Now you want a cheap hotshoe mounted flash or any cheap flash so that you can use the the RF trigger to trigger it?

catchlights said:
Now you want a cheap hotshoe mounted flash or any cheap flash so that you can use the the RF trigger to trigger it?

cheap hot shoe mounted flash, that can use with the RF trigger... then i wan can set manually full power to 1/16 liddat...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
cheap hot shoe mounted flash, that can use with the RF trigger... then i wan can set manually full power to 1/16 liddat...
vivitar 283 or 285, but not sure can you set till 1/16 power.
last check the price is about $150 for a new 283, at foto guide

btw, do you know foto guild??? :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Yeah... SB-26 can do dat s it has full manual function. ;)

This is what I do, and definitely got inuf reach for me to use small aperture of up to F11 :thumbsup: (depending on distance)

Achiever flash with slave attachement(cost about 50 to 60 at Cathay). Get a full-size umbrella and stick 3 sheets of A3 size paper on the underside (white paper very, very efficient in reflecting light, much, much better than translucent cloth):thumbsup: . Attach umbrella on your tripod and use tape to attach flash on to stem of umbrella. Voila, you get a DIY diffused flash, that can be triggered by your cam's flash.

You can set up 2 umbrellas if you wish or attach 2 Achievers in one umbrella if you wish.:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.