Cheap good slave flash... with enuff reach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Looking for a cheap cheap mount flash, iso mount. no need TTL, just need manual adjustments.

cos as some may know... i bought the RF set, den bought minolta convertor for my minolta flash, but couldn't trigger... and also have umbrella holder, stands, umbrellas and such... so its a waste if i couldn't use it, so i think its better for me to just buy a cheap flash with enuff reach... maybe 50gn ones... any idea who produce such? dun tell me to buy SB800 or 580EX hor... :nono:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Looking for a cheap cheap mount flash, iso mount. no need TTL, just need manual adjustments.

cos as some may know... i bought the RF set, den bought minolta convertor for my minolta flash, but couldn't trigger... and also have umbrella holder, stands, umbrellas and such... so its a waste if i couldn't use it, so i think its better for me to just buy a cheap flash with enuff reach... maybe 50gn ones... any idea who produce such? dun tell me to buy SB800 or 580EX hor... :nono:
newbie corner :think: :think:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i newbie mah... u dunno meh... think i start photography about now is 3 year aniversary only... think almost 3 year aniversary...
I thought U expert liao leh... still alot of photography stuff need u to teach me ;)

RF trigger don't work? tell me more about it.

want cheap cheap flash? got! go ruby and ask, tell them you want to use as studio flash trigger, a small small flash call morris, i think now they have other brands also.

catchlights said:

want cheap cheap flash? got! go ruby and ask, tell them you want to use as studio flash trigger, a small small flash call morris, i think now they have other brands also.

that day i go down hor, i bring, u go liao.. :cry:

anyway, i think it got something to do with either voltage or timing...

cos the RF works with the sunblitz ring flash, think it'll work for rest... but it just dun work on my minolta 5600 & 3600, i tested the convertor, short it, it works... so no problem with contacts, so left with circuitry liao lor...

Strange, it works on my studio flash, and my metz flashes too, but mine is brought from Ruby, very similar with what you have. single channel and not even have a hotshoe mount

Have you try with a sync cable to connect the receiver and your flash? maybe is just the hotshoe has a poor contact with your flash?

catchlights said:
Strange, it works on my studio flash, and my metz flashes too, but mine is brought from Ruby, very similar with what you have. single channel and not even have a hotshoe mount

Have you try with a sync cable to connect the receiver and your flash? maybe is just the hotshoe has a poor contact with your flash?

my flash no cable...

If your minolta flashes has a pc terminal, maybe you can try connect it to the receiver, if this also fails,
maybe your minolta flashes not compatible with this RF trigger. Can try other brands flash (canon or nikon) to confirm this again.

catchlights said:
If your minolta flashes has a pc terminal, maybe you can try connect it to the receiver, if this also fails,
maybe your minolta flashes not compatible with this RF trigger. Can try other brands flash (canon or nikon) to confirm this again.

no PC terminal on the flash...

but i dismantled the whole setup, my flash mount also... then test connectivity, no problem... but just dun trigger... funny...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Define "cheap cheap". Price range? :dunno:

hazta said:
Define "cheap cheap". Price range? :dunno:

about 100?

anyway, i dun need it to be triggered using flash, i just need it to have manual adjustments. cos using a RF trigger & receiver already. just that my minolta have delayed response, so cannot use with the trigger & receiver.

For me I'd get a used SB-26. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One of e best n powerful during itz time. Perhaps still is. Full manual, auto, TTL n wireless slave.

More like SB800 only dat it does not support d-TTL n i-TTL.

Juz my humble opinion. :cool:

hazta said:
For me I'd get a used SB-26. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One of e best n powerful during itz time. Perhaps still is. Full manual, auto, TTL n wireless slave.

More like SB800 only dat it does not support d-TTL n i-TTL.

Juz my humble opinion. :cool:

how much will tat cost?

Hey DCL, how 'bout this? MO by PQ23

config-1-1.jpg

i do not think morris flashes are cheap.

catchlights said:

Status
Not open for further replies.