Cheap Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hifisiao

Deregistered
Sep 10, 2005
In the Straits Times today. there is an advertisement selling new dry cabinet 60 litres for only $229. The brand is called "Value" Anyone bought one? Any feedbacks?

Thanks

60 litre kinda too big for me. Anyone upgraded and selling their smaller ones pls contact me. Thanks

i tot digi cabi 60 litres is only $169 in carrefour? :dunno: this one is $229 leh...

carrefour selling 30L for $99...u can try there.

anyone selling their small cabinets?

hifisiao said:
60 litre kinda too big for me. Anyone upgraded and selling their smaller ones pls contact me. Thanks

update

Carrefour is inddeed selling the 60 litre for only $169 (free delivery)

Digihub is selling their Digi-Cabi HD-060 (60 l) version for $168, c/w 5 years warranty, inclusive of GST. They deliver free locally.
Trade in dry cabinets (any model, any condition), will enjoy a $50 price reduction.

Canew said:
Digihub is selling their Digi-Cabi HD-060 (60 l) version for $168, c/w 5 years warranty, inclusive of GST. They deliver free locally.
Trade in dry cabinets (any model, any condition), will enjoy a $50 price reduction.

Where is Digihub ?

hifisiao said:

Better big than upgrade later.

There are many things you should keep in dry cabi. Binoculars, telescope, video cam, camera, lenses or lens-converter (for pro-sumers), filters...VHS, DV tapes, ...

SPACE (always) NOT ENOUGH lah!

be careful, some of the cheaper ones may have analog dials that may be hard to set and hygrometers that are hard to read too so your humidity setting may be difficult to monitor. i got a 80l from digihub with digital display. works well and the blue-coloured display also illuminates the study at night like a night light :bsmilie: worth the $298 i paid. free delivery. if you think 80l is too much, you believe how fast it fills up ;)

for that price, get the professional series, dhc-60 at 238. all digital, just set the rh on the digital meter and thats it,....no need tweaking, sampling....yadayada

According to the shop which I bought my digicabi AD 60L, the delivery is actually handled by the manufacturer themselves not the shop.

cosycatus said:
carrefour selling 30L for $99...u can try there.

I just bought a 30L digi-cabi from carrefour but i found out that the warranty card wasn't chopped by them after i get home. Must i go back to let them chopped? ;(

Also, it has a damn lousy instruction manual, dunno wat it's trying to say... is the digital meter just for reading only? dunno wat the buttons there are for.

UandMe said:
I just bought a 30L digi-cabi from carrefour but i found out that the warranty card wasn't chopped by them after i get home. Must i go back to let them chopped? ;(

Also, it has a damn lousy instruction manual, dunno wat it's trying to say... is the digital meter just for reading only? dunno wat the buttons there are for.

erm.. normally a meter IS for reading. you can use the blue light as a night light :bsmilie:

the instruction manual is pretty basic, just follow the instructions and set your desired humidity. i've set mine to 53%, somewhere between super-duper dry (for our climate) and the recommended max range for cameras. don't set it too low if you're kiasu, otherwise the rubber parts of your lenses/ camera etc will disintegrate over time..

the buttons are not for FM/AM or to set alarms. ;)

Trigger Happy said:
erm.. normally a meter IS for reading. you can use the blue light as a night light :bsmilie:

the instruction manual is pretty basic, just follow the instructions and set your desired humidity. i've set mine to 53%, somewhere between super-duper dry (for our climate) and the recommended max range for cameras. don't set it too low if you're kiasu, otherwise the rubber parts of your lenses/ camera etc will disintegrate over time..

the buttons are not for FM/AM or to set alarms. ;)

there's a blue light?? :dunno:

mine is dhc-80 (80 litres) from digi-cabi. has a constant blue light on the panel (should be LEDs). has 3 buttons to "S"et, and up and down for rH setting. displays humidity and temp.

did you buy the analog model? those should have a dial if i'm not mistaken, and have an analog gauge to show cabinet humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.