"cheap and good" remote wireless shutter release for d7000?

somebody123

Mar 27, 2006
Hi everyone!

can i have suggestions for a cheap and good remote wireless shutter release for my d7000?

and where to get a good deal? thanks!

Hi everyone!

can i have suggestions for a cheap and good remote wireless shutter release for my d7000?

and where to get a good deal? thanks!

The Nikon ML-L3 - original, good, and cheap. Battery also last long long. I think less than $40. (Could be wrong, got mine long ago.)

I have the cheaper 3rd party Infared remote "For Nikon" not very sensitive. My advise is stick to original. :)

The original Nikon ML-L3 can be yours for less than $20. Close to $10 if you know what you are doing.

does it work well in the outdoors? must the space between the remote and the camera not be obstructed? hmm....

cirenaiht said:
Wow really?went to SLRR couple of weeks ago they only have meike remote..

Yup but that was like around Sept last year though

UncleFai said:
The Nikon ML-L3 - original, good, and cheap. Battery also last long long. I think less than $40. (Could be wrong, got mine long ago.)

Agree.... Got mine many moon back... Change system I still keep, now come back Nikon then start using again, still working.... Easily 4 to 5 years old already... Really veri good.

N-user said:
Agree.... Got mine many moon back... Change system I still keep, now come back Nikon then start using again, still working.... Easily 4 to 5 years old already... Really veri good.

Yup... I would say it is the best bang for buck accessory I have ever bought. Can't live without it. Line of sight needed, sure. But I have learnt to live with it.

just a quick question... how do you know whether the remote is still working or the battery is flat when the camera is not detecting the trigger? Is there anyway to view the "beam"?

Beverly96 said:
just a quick question... how do you know whether the remote is still working or the battery is flat when the camera is not detecting the trigger? Is there anyway to view the "beam"?

Change the battery and try?

From my experience, the sensor is on the left front side of the camera. When I press it on the right rear side, probability of firing is lower.