Cheap and good headphones to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a cheap headphones. Thought of getting those in-ear earphones, but I don't know how to get it in my ear. :bsmilie: Feels weird and like cannot go in. So thinking of headphones. Want some noise-cancellation maybe, as I in the bus, always cannot hear. Hehe.

Any cheap ones to recommend? Below $60 preferably. Will go down to Jaben at Adelphi to try if I want. But I need to cut down to a few choices first, before even thinking of going there. :) I will appriciate the help. If no headphones below $60, earphones also can. :bsmilie:

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a cheap headphones. Thought of getting those in-ear earphones, but I don't know how to get it in my ear. :bsmilie: Feels weird and like cannot go in. So thinking of headphones. Want some noise-cancellation maybe, as I in the bus, always cannot hear. Hehe.

Any cheap ones to recommend? Below $60 preferably. Will go down to Jaben at Adelphi to try if I want. But I need to cut down to a few choices first, before even thinking of going there. :) I will appriciate the help. If no headphones below $60, earphones also can. :bsmilie:

Thanks.

Haha ... may be heading over to Jabens tomorrow ... never been there but heard many audiophiles have warned about the place ... that it's highly unlikely you can walk away without buying something ... :bsmilie:

Haha ... may be heading over to Jabens tomorrow ... never been there but heard many audiophiles have warned about the place ... that it's highly unlikely you can walk away without buying something ... :bsmilie:

It's a dangerous place. The last time I was there. I walked out $500 poorer. :sweat:

Hello,

Thanks.

For that price, you might want to try the Panasonic HTX-7. Looks very retro and cool. :)

they have a X3i in-ear is also not bad... one of the more value for money one :)

I forgot to say, I would love portable ones and smaller ones. Don't want to look weird with big thingy around my ears.

Was looking at AKG K81DJ or Grado SR-60. But a bit too ex. And I like the SR-60 look, but want some isolation like the K81DJ. :(

I swear by the Grado SR-60 and SR-80. They are good solid cans.

At Woodlands' Causway Point, Stereo Electronics sell AKG headsets around $100.

Can't go wrong with these 2 brands.

I would love to go with the SR-60. Just that I need isolation, which I feel is important. :(

Consider Panasonic HJE-50. Quite good isolation and comfortable bass imho.

What kind of music do you listen to?

What kind of music do you listen to?

I listen to many types. Jazz, rock, pop, sometimes even classical. :)

No heavy metal please. :bsmilie:

I listen to many types. Jazz, rock, pop, sometimes even classical. :)

No heavy metal please. :bsmilie:

Audio Technica headphones would give an all rounded sound signature.. sound tend to be coloured. Beyerdynamic is good too, but I'm not really sure on the entire range. Mine is a DT880, and the sound coming out from it is really natural sounding. Grados are good if you listen to rock alot, Seinheisser if you listen to smooth jazz and classicals. For more details about specific headphones, you should go to www.sgheadphones.com ;p

For below $60, I think you can try the Seinheisser hd201. One of the most value for money headphones around. :)

under $60 headphones.

trust me i have tried many and walked away with one

audio technica FC-7's are probably the best bang for buck foldable headphones around.

however,it is my pair of ears and it is my kind of music after all(which is a direct challenge to yours, i listen to rather heavy metal, mixed with classical and rock n roll)

ath fc7, wont go wrong with it1:thumbsup:
below $60 cant ask for too much, however the Mylar 1,3,xb, does come into mind;p

and yes, Jaben is worse than clubsnap, you walk in, you either dont come out, or come out either a much lighter wallet or a much emptier bank account:D

The FC-7 seems a bit big for me. But I'll try it out at Jaben tomorrow if there is one. :p

and yes, Jaben is worse than clubsnap, you walk in, you either dont come out, or come out either a much lighter wallet or a much emptier bank account:D

I guess I must be really lucky ... left Jaben yesterday without buying anything ... but my mind has been mulling over BeyerDynamics DTX-50 and RSX 700 since then ... :angel:

I guess I must be really lucky ... left Jaben yesterday without buying anything ... but my mind has been mulling over BeyerDynamics DTX-50 and RSX 700 since then ... :angel:

That's the BBB virus. :bsmilie: You caught it in Jaben.

Status
Not open for further replies.