cheap and good digi cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delete4Ever

Nov 9, 2004
Hi,
can you guys recommend some cheap and good digicam as gift? ok please dont say something like go to shop look through the cams yourself cos its a gift for someone so i want to get it done quick and easy and there are too much models out there :dunno: .

some requirement for the cam
1) budget around 300
2) around the size of a canon 430
3) good or decent pic quality
4) swivel LCD for easy self candid shots (optional)
5) it doesnt matter if its a model from 1 or 2 yrs ago

Thanks alot :sweatsm:

canon a80 but double the budget

Delete4Ever said:
Hi,
can you guys recommend some cheap and good digicam as gift? ok please dont say something like go to shop look through the cams yourself cos its a gift for someone so i want to get it done quick and easy and there are too much models out there :dunno: .

1) budget around 300

$300 budget with swivel LCD can only get Kyocera SL300R.
The features are very good but the image quality is slightly below average.
Moreover, the proprietary batt can only last 45 mins.

maybe he got no time to find mah :cool:

hazekang said:
wheres the sincerity in wanting to get a gift but wanting to get it done quick n easy?

yes like what user111 said, I need to get the camera in 1-2 weeks time and I am pretty held up by my work so I hope to know which is a decent camera suitable for gift, so that I wouldnt need so much time to look through so many models in so many diffferent shop. This is a newbie corner, its for newbie like me to get help from other members. I do not want to buy any camera and then the person not liking it.

If I am not sincere, I will not even bother to post in this forum asking for suggestions. Please open up your mind and dont use your mindset on every people. you are a typical product of our education system that doesnt promote creativity and this make the people cant think out of the box and stereotype others with their own mindset :nono:

These budget digicams might interest you. IMO, check out the Canon or Minolta.

Canon A400
Minolta X31
Olympus C310Z
Nikon Coolpix 2500 (2mp, Old model. Has swivel lens, if you can still find it)

:)

Delete4Ever said:
yes like what user111 said, I need to get the camera in 1-2 weeks time and I am pretty held up by my work so I hope to know which is a decent camera suitable for gift, so that I wouldnt need so much time to look through so many models in so many diffferent shop. This is a newbie corner, its for newbie like me to get help from other members. I do not want to buy any camera and then the person not liking it.

If I am not sincere, I will not even bother to post in this forum asking for suggestions. Please open up your mind and dont use your mindset on every people. you are a typical product of our education system that doesnt promote creativity and this make the people cant think out of the box and stereotype others with their own mindset :nono:

Relax man... u asked for opinion and not a fight here.

maybe he meant u just anyhow buy any present for a fren.
But come to think of it ...where got so much time to shop?
Not for our own use somemore.
Got free camera, fren should be quite happy liao.

Delete4Ever said:
Hi,

1) budget around 300

budget ard $300 for canon size430 digicam with swivel lcd and good/decent pic. NOT POSSIBLE at the moment.

Maybe you sign up a new phone line (with contract) and give that friend a new camera phone.

If me, I willing to give a mjuII f2.8 film camera as a gift with some film to start off someone that is interested with photography.

Delete4Ever said:
Hi,

1) budget around 300

I'd suggest the Nikon Coolpix 3700 but it's around S$400. It meets all the other requirements except a swivel LCD. But it comes with a SOUND RELEASE control feature which is kinda cool IMO, especially for taking small group photo at home.

Good luck!

another swivel-lcd digicam's pentax optio 33LF

last known price $419 @ comex 2004 (b4 sitex04 juz over). old model but shops may still have...

nowadays digicam entry level models are 3 megapixels for all camera brands, and they price from $299-$600 depends on size of cam, functions and lens (optical zoom)...

Hi All,
Thanks for the suggestions. Really appreciate it. ya i am not trying to pick a fight here, so peace.
anyway back to topic, actually the swivel LCD is optional. And today I went to AP, he recommended me the Olympus Camedia C-370, which is not too bad, only hinge is that this cam is using xd card, but I must say that this cam did pretty good in macro shots.
Another cam I considering is canon A400, anyone using here?
The pentax optio 33LF des72 mentioned is quite cool, not sure whats the market price now.
The Konica Minolta DiMAGE X31 seems not bad too, aarrrggghh what a headache!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.