cheap alternatives for speedlites

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
anyone with suggestion?
currently I have a sb600 and sb900. i rely on sb900 most of time for on-cam flash / when using ttl

thinking of letting off the sb600 since its in the dry cabin mostly, and get some manual cheap less than 100 flash to play..

I notice Yongnuo 560 was a highlight mentioned in strobist.com

other than this, other flash available?

The sb600 is not going much money in BnS nowadays. If you intend to get another flash, might as well keep the sb600. Sb600 is still a very good flash, and powerful enough for most events. It is also compatible with CLS. I find the sb600 to be very useful for smaller venues and great as a kicker light off camera. Though lower end, it still comes with nice features like BL mode and FP sync. My suggestion is to keep it.

The sb600 is not going much money in BnS nowadays. If you intend to get another flash, might as well keep the sb600. Sb600 is still a very good flash, and powerful enough for most events. It is also compatible with CLS. I find the sb600 to be very useful for smaller venues and great as a kicker light off camera. Though lower end, it still comes with nice features like BL mode and FP sync. My suggestion is to keep it.

second's this. i'll take CLS over manual if i can help it.

get a YN 560, its cheap. around 70 bucks 2nd hand. but very tedious :)

thanks dd123..
ya, very reluctant as I am seeing people with 250 still trying to let go..

but as I changed to YN-RF603, my sb600 kept having delays in triggering off.. just tested with standby mode off, both my sb900 and 600 are down to 1/32, yet sb900 recycle within 3 secs and 600 takes around 5-6secs before I can trigger off..
if CLS, sb600 no issue and work perfectly.

still any alternatives recommended :)