Chased by wild dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsmilez

Jul 11, 2006
Bukit Timah
Hi all,

I live near 6th ave. Whenever i'm on the bus i pass by this nice open field where the sun sets just in between a few tall trees. Nice sunset pic location. Anyway if i'm not wrong it used to be a graveyard some 10+ years ago, but exhumed? if i remember correctly, now its an open field next to a forest.

Was minding my own business today snapping some pics when suddenly from the distance 4 wild dogs advanced at me quite fast. I dunno why I didnt run but walked fast cos in retrospect its damn scary :sweat: But anyway i crossed a small drain next to the main road and they stood off about 5-10m away barking. Then they later went into a small forest next to the area, which is really quite small considering behind is a canal.

Anybody seen these dogs before? Its pretty dangerous since this is a small area and quite a lot of residents here, like they live in a small patch of forest and can be pretty aggressive. Should i report to NEA?

Just live and let live.

Next time bring a monopod or tripod. Keke
Facing wild animals just part and parcel of shooting outdoors, we don't have to put down to sleep, every animal we feel threatened by.

:bsmilie:

I like dogs I won't want to put them down for nothing. But to put this into perspective there is this flat paved area adjacent where kids cycle and play on weekends. For me i can still siam la.

bring yr tripod..hoot it like monster hunter!

I like dogs I won't want to put them down for nothing. But to put this into perspective there is this flat paved area adjacent where kids cycle and play on weekends. For me i can still siam la.

i guess its for them to have a little common sense to avoid the area then. :bsmilie: :devil:

are you sure they were not ghost dogs ? :)

How to ward off dogs?

You need to inherit the legendary 打狗棒, then get 黄蓉 to teach you 打狗棒法. Rumour has it that it looks like a Gitzo monopod....

How to ward off dogs?

locate a fist sized stone/branch/rock, go towards it, bend down, pick it up. Once the dogs see that, they should flee. Or at least run off and keep a distance. They will think you about to throw a stone or a stick. Not that you really throw...but the action of picking things kind of scares them.

Personally tried that a few times. It works effectively most with annoying barking dogs in private estates. :bsmilie:

locate a fist sized stone/branch/rock, go towards it, bend down, pick it up. Once the dogs see that, they should flee. Or at least run off and keep a distance. They will think you about to throw a stone or a stick. Not that you really throw...but the action of picking things kind of scares them.

Personally tried that a few times. It works effectively most with annoying barking dogs in private estates. :bsmilie:

My experience in doing that is just agitating the dogs more... maybe is i suay...:cry:

If you report it to NEA, it is death sentence for the dogs. YES NEA wont come bring the dogs to SPCA, they might either catch them and put them down or as some rumours has it, put poison baited meat in the area to poison them to death.

Your definition of CHASED by wild dogs. Firstly did the dogs actually run after you? Are your intruding in their territory? And in the first place is meant to be a children play area?

I would say contact Action for Dogs, they are volunteers that will come trap and relocate the dogs. Much better than complaining to NEA.

To add, throwing stones etc only enforces the dog's behaviour that Humans are harmful creatures that inflict pain on them. Instead you might try minding your own business and end of the day both parties back off. Dogs dont attack unprovoked, most cases happens cos some joker decides to either pet a dog that clearly doesnt like to be petted or decides to torment the poor creature till it snaps.

Just leave them alone and they will leave you alone. In a way the saying Bark is worse than its bite does apply here.

When did NEA catch wild dogs ? It'll be taiqi to SPCA.

There's a lot of taiqi going on and you'll be ding-dong ding dong from one agency to another like a wild goose chase.

HTH.

If you report it to NEA, it is death sentence for the dogs. YES NEA wont come bring the dogs to SPCA, they might either catch them and put them down or as some rumours has it, put poison baited meat in the area to poison them to death.

Your definition of CHASED by wild dogs. Firstly did the dogs actually run after you? Are your intruding in their territory? And in the first place is meant to be a children play area?

I would say contact Action for Dogs, they are volunteers that will come trap and relocate the dogs. Much better than complaining to NEA.

There's a lot of taiqi going on and you'll be ding-dong ding dong from one agency to another like a wild goose chase.

HTH.
all the time.

HTH.

NEA will report to AVA which will then cull the dogs. FYI SPCA is only called in by members of the public. Govt agencies dont believe in keeping "pests" alive. Cull is only option.

bring yr tripod..hoot it like monster hunter!

later u see yourself on front page lor, then hand cuff to the police station then police show u 1 tape which dunno who from dunno where take a 100x Digital Zoom HD footage of you swinging your Gitzo CF Tripod and the Dog, and the person conveniently even added a boom mic which have your voice shouting...

DIE U DAMN DOG!! DIE DIE DIE!!!

then the dog goes in its pathetic whining...

then last but not least...

Cya in court... :bsmilie:

Dunno about wild dogs, but my aluminium manfrotto tripod can be used for self defense in almost any situation, man or beast alike.

That said, to avoid unnecessary bloodshed, just fire your speedlite a few times at full power, enough to confuse and scare the dogs away.

Thanks, not sure which agency NEA will taiqi about the dog problem.:sweat:

How to ward off dogs?

nothing. just walk peacefully.

They just try to defend their teritory. It's natural.

And they try to scare you by barking, because that's all they can do.
They won't attack and bite because they are not the kind of breed that do that naturally.
If they see that you are not afraid, they will give up, or worst they can do, just keep on barking within 3-5m distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.