Charlyn @ SuperHost event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bro,

So I assume majority r using LCD nowadays...have u ever try to view a full resolution photo on a 1366x768dpi in 11" TFT LCD or 800x600 in 5" TFT LCD? I'm just try to make the small size 600x400dpi jpg look like 3500+x2500+dpi jpg...don't know whether u know what I mean...

I think majority still compare the sharpness with film(which I feel it is not so sharp due to the fact that it's noise level is higher as well as film characteristic)...still can't accept the beauty of digital yet?...

John Tan said:
Hi bro,

So I assume majority r using LCD nowadays...have u ever try to view a full resolution photo on a 1366x768dpi in 11" TFT LCD or 800x600 in 5" TFT LCD? I'm just try to make the small size 600x400dpi jpg look like 3500+x2500+dpi jpg...don't know whether u know what I mean...

I think majority still compare the sharpness with film(which I feel it is not so sharp due to the fact that it's noise level is higher as well as film characteristic)...still can't accept the beauty of digital yet?...
Hi, I don't really get what you were trying to say about viewing full res with 11" or 5" LCDs.
I'm using a 17 CRT now and the over sharpening is quite obvious.

yanyewkay said:
Hi, I don't really get what you were trying to say about viewing full res with 11" or 5" LCDs.

I thought you have been complaining that the image on your old CRT always look blur??

If you think these pic still look oversharpen to you, they are even worse on my high-definition LCD :think:

Wai said:
I thought you have been complaining that the image on your old CRT always look blur??

If you think these pic still look oversharpen to you, they are even worse on my high-definition LCD :think:
not that bad now. I'm using a new low end Phillips 107.

John Tan said:
Hi bro,

This has nothing to do with monitors I assure you. Care to tell how you sharpen your photos?

yanyewkay said:
Now I know why...

Wai said:

May I know your HD LCD have 1900 x 1200 dpi?

yanyewkay said:
not that bad now. I'm using a new low end Phillips 107.
ok that mean I should sharpen the image based on LCD...instead of CRT...

n0d3 said:
This has nothing to do with monitors I assure you. Care to tell how you sharpen your photos?
If u don't believe it, what can I said...

John Tan said:
Thanks for your comments...diff monitor show diff sharpness...your LCD is good.

Areality: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: i think he don't understand what u mean....................

John Tan said:
If u don't believe it, what can I said...

Its not that I don't believe what you said, its that I know its wrong and has nothing to do with the situation. Like Prismatic said, its obviously a case of oversharpening and you can't accept it.

I agreed with most here that the images are over sharpen. This has nothing to do with CRT or LCD.

Perhaps another suggestion is to do selective sharpening (ie eyes) instead of global sharpening where you might end up with pimples waiting to burst or undesirable wrinkles?:sweat: Just my 2 cents worth:sweatsm:

dude your USM is kinda like 500% and 5 pixels?? take it from the bros here, its oversharpened....

xl1 said:
Areality: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: i think he don't understand what u mean....................
actually u r the one that don't understand what I mean...

n0d3 said:
Its not that I don't believe what you said, its that I know its wrong and has nothing to do with the situation. Like Prismatic said, its obviously a case of oversharpening and you can't accept it.
Actually u don't understand what I mean...as I mentioned before I sharpen & upload pic quick based on soft CRT so can't really gauge the the sharpness correctly...it indeed oversharpen but what wrong with that? I'm not using this small pic to print or shown to my client...just for the sake to shown online... If based on 400x600 dpi pic...what kind of quality u expect? I'm just tried to get the same feeling of full resolution of 8mega pixels from 0.24mega pixels pic! but my fault to use CRT instead of sharp LCD...if u have not use a HD LCD before, u might not understand what I mean...I don't mind show u the different if u don't mind to meet at Peninsula plaza...

yqt said:
I agreed with most here that the images are over sharpen. This has nothing to do with CRT or LCD.
Yes I agreed there r oversharpened...but not on my old CRT...r u sure there is no diff on CRT & LCD? If like that no body will buy HD LCD TV at high price...all will go for the cheapo soft projection TV liao...

maestrolik said:
Perhaps another suggestion is to do selective sharpening (ie eyes) instead of global sharpening where you might end up with pimples waiting to burst or undesirable wrinkles?:sweat: Just my 2 cents worth:sweatsm:
Now this is what I'm looking for.... a great decent advice:thumbsup: ...rather than just said "oversharpened"...:thumbsd:

Thanks maestrolik.:)

GitS said:
dude your USM is kinda like 500% and 5 pixels?? take it from the bros here, its oversharpened....
Thanks...noted already after so many guys's 'advice'....

Status
Not open for further replies.