"Charlie"


Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,634
0
0
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
I agree. Must be the white balance.

I only took a few shots, because the daddy was there. Quite shy lah. Wanted to chat and tell him what a beautiful daughter he had, but he seemed in a bit of a bad mood, so I kept quiet. Otherwise I would have taken MANY more photos.

Roygoh, want to give me a hand adjusting the colour balance?
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
Originally posted by StreetShooter
I agree. Must be the white balance.

I only took a few shots, because the daddy was there. Quite shy lah. Wanted to chat and tell him what a beautiful daughter he had, but he seemed in a bit of a bad mood, so I kept quiet. Otherwise I would have taken MANY more photos.

Roygoh, want to give me a hand adjusting the colour balance?
Just give me the link to the original and I will take it from there.
 

Goose

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
589
0
16
Visit site
I like her expression in the 2nd pic...:)
 

yeppie99

New Member
Feb 26, 2002
307
0
0
37
community.webshots.com
hi sorry din mean to intrude on your thread but I thought maybe I could get some comments on my PS editing by borrowing your photo. I'm quite a newbie at it so pls give some comments on the edited photo. Thanks.

 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
Here's my version. Adjusted the following (not inorder):
- Levels, contrast, colour balance, USM, despeckle, saturation
- removed eye bags

Let me know how you like it. Somehow IE displays pictures darker than Adobe PS.

Original:


Touched up:


The full version
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
Originally posted by yeppie99
hi sorry din mean to intrude on your thread but I thought maybe I could get some comments on my PS editing by borrowing your photo. I'm quite a newbie at it so pls give some comments on the edited photo. Thanks.

Hi yeppy99,

Your version has a green cast (on my screen at least).
I think you have done a better job in removing the eye bags, but I can see the JPEG compression artifacts on the face. Try to increase the quality setting when you save the picture. Also, alsways save the picture as TIFF after the first time you opened it, and work on the TIFF format until you are satisfied with the final results, before saving it back in JPEG format again.
 

StreetShooter

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,634
0
0
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
Roygoh:

As usual, an excellent job! Like adding a warming filter. The hair is much more golden now, everything just looks more pleasing.

Now, if I pass you a picture of myself, can you make me look like Robert Redford?
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
Originally posted by StreetShooter
Roygoh:

As usual, an excellent job! Like adding a warming filter. The hair is much more golden now, everything just looks more pleasing.

Now, if I pass you a picture of myself, can you make me look like Robert Redford?
Well, you have done a great job in taking the picture in the first place.

I believe I can even make you look like Rambo if you want to.:D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.