Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANIUMLEE

Feb 2, 2004
Hi Everyone, last year I came across charity, which ask for volunteer photographer. I contact them and they only want pple who have professional dslr. As they say they or their members own professional dslr. I am surprise that charity organisation can own camera that can own professional dslr. I told the incharge ask ur members to be the photographers and don't ask poor pple like me only own Canon EOS 300D. If u r me would u help them? I didn't help them as I thinked this charity organisation is very rich n no need other help.

I dont quite understand what is being exactly conveyed by your post, but I would certainly agree that if a charity organization should insist that certain camera may only be used, such is, in my humble opinion, totally unacceptable.

Sorry I cant help you much nor would I ask you to name the org. Better luck with other organizations, though.

Happy Snapping.

ur 300d also pro mah.. i think maybe wat they mean is they wanted to prevent volunteer later turn up as a 13 yo student with a 300 buck full auto point and shoot who think of shooting like a pro... maybe i m wrong... and maybe they shouldnt talk this way, they are doing charity after all... as for me, i might or might not help, depend on mood, .. and wether they beg me anot.. keke ;p :bsmilie: :D

Wahaha... here we go again... very obvious... never target budget for photographer and also don't want to take their own photographer for 'free' so ask others to be free one lor... remember?

Most of this time is never budget, then last minute want photographer, if they did budget for one, I'm sure they can do it one... :thumbsup:

ignore them.

beggars can't be choosers.

give them one step, you'd be taking 10 billion steps backwards for them. heck, you'd even break your back for them.

Hello all,

Unfortunately nowadays ppl still do regards all photographers as click and shoot profession... They sometimes dont know the hardwork we work and maintain our equipments.

Some just kill price like any old how... Saying just click only mah, need so ex meh?

Some took months or years to pay up... Giving all sorts excuses like your profession is the most easy among all, so can wait?

Some of us photographers willing to fork out abit of time to do volunteer work for the commmunity... But sometimes call us to take some more, work overtime...

But regards of all these, I still believe not all charity organisation are like that although the mentioned charity organisation demands some unreasonable demands. Maybe they think only professional camera can give good results/good pictures quality.

Sometimes need times to explain things to them.

Like what was mentioned earlier, beggars cant be choosers. If that organisation feels that they need a photographer that badly and dont want to budget for one then they shloud be glad to take any help they can get..

I ever offer my service to charity organization before, I will offer my service to any charity organization in future if I still have the opportunities.

Any charity organization can set a minimum requirement for any given project, you can't say since is a volunteer basis and they have no right to choose what are they will be getting.

Many professional (Doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.) are active in charity organization also, so not to surprise that the person in charge tells you their members also owns high-end cameras.

So if you are keen to volunteer, just tell them you only own a 300D and willing to volunteer your time, then is up to them to decide.

Anyway, it is not very nice to reply the person in charge that way, if you initial the contact, than you should to reply them in a more polite way.

Well if they have the people who are willing and able to help then all the better. But yea if you are willing to offer your services with what you have then i guess its all up to them..

Well ..... some CEO of Charity Organisation earns $600,000 per year ..... what do you expect?

I will not hesitate to help in charity organizations, any of them, regardless the income of the CEO or the cameras that the others have. I know for sure that when I help, I am contributing to the greater cause. But if I am donating money or raising fund directly, I would ask myself whether I believe in that organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.