Charity Photography Competition: Photos of Inspirat10n

ydnai

Jun 18, 2006
Inspirat10n is a charity photography competition that aims to inspire emerging photographers in the art of expression. This event is to promote awareness for muscular dystrophy in Singapore through various themes such as Courage, Resilience and Exuberance, with which photographers will explore. Furthermore, it will be in conjunction with the 10th Anniversary for both the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Singapore (MDAS) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).

Interested photographers, please join on Facebook for further details.

www.tinyurl.com/inspirat10n

Registration @ $10
All proceeds will be donated to MDAS.

Top 30 participants will be showcased at a month long exhibition.
Top 5 participants will have their very own Showcase & Sale where they will get 50% of the nett revenue from sales. The remainder 50% will be donated to charity.

Top 5 participants will have their very own Showcase & Sale where they will get 50% of the nett revenue from sales. The remainder 50% will be donated to charity.

Hi I am keen in doing charity work. I thought it's for charity. Why is there a 50% nett revenue from sales? Sorry I just want to understand a bit more so that I hope to take part in this meaningful event, thanks.

Last edited:
Normally if you are selling your works you do your own prints and framing. It can get expensive... if you use good paper and printer. A good A2 will set you 300 plus or more. btw keen too but way too little info dunno whats going on.

auction sale of photographs?

Thanks bene123 for counting the cost. I just feel something not right. If the cost of print is $500.00 & a buyer bought the photo for charity at $3800.00, 50% nett revenue from sales is $1900.00 -$500.00(cost) i still make $1400.00. hopefully $1400.00 will voluntary donate back to charity.....

Maybe it's to encourage people to join, since they are not offering any prizes. It'll be even better if the photographers voluntarily donate their share of the "profits" back to the charity of course.

Ok.....you are right. Should encourage more photographers take part in these kind of competition & hopefully they will "voluntarily donate their share of the profits back to the charity of course."
I should have a positive attitude towards this event....goodluck

Hi Everyone,

Just to answer a few of your questions:

1. Currently the confirmed prizes for the top 5 winning participants are
1.1. Hippo VB In-Ear-Monitors worth $130
1.2. Free grooming session by Jean Yip Hair Styling & Treatment
1.3. Limited Edition Zouk Mambo Jambo 18th Anniversary T-Shirts
1.4. Free Zouk Passes
1.4. Showcase at a High-end Showcase & Sale​

2. At the Showcase & Sale, the winning pieces will be exhibited in printed form. When sold, the organiser will provide printing and framing for the purchaser. A minimum price will be stated, but purchasers may indicate any price they are willing to pay for.

3. 50% of the sale will be donated to the charity, while the participant will be allowed to keep the remainder 50%. However, should the participant be willing, they can sign over a consent form to have their share of the sale donated directly to the charity as well.

4. The submission of the artworks will be from 23rd September to 3rd October 2010 at Level 5 Singapore Management University, Administration Building (Submission booth will be open on all days except for Sunday).

Finally, we hope that you can help spread the word for this event so that we may together help to raise funds in benefit for the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Singapore (MDAS).

seen your facebook but not much info though .. fees where to pay to whom.. kinda interested.. my wife is teaching these kinda students seen them in front of my eyes.. very inspiring bunch of kids.. maybe this could be a way to help them. do keep me informed ya thanks a lot.. may your efforts and hard work pay.... good luck. do indicate where to meet up and all.. thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi there,

For more details, visit the Inspirat10n Website.

Meanwhile, just to answer your queries:

- Submission can by done by mail or by hand delivery (however organiser will not be responsible for loss of mail)
- Submission period is between 23rd September to 3rd October (12pm to 7pm Daily except for Sunday)
- Submissions should include 2 entry pieces together with details attached behind (see rules & regulations in website), and be mounted on a mounting board.
- For hand delivery, please deliver to Singapore Management University, Administration Building, Level 5.
- All Submissions should include Entry Form, 2 Entry Pieces, 1 Image CD-ROM with (1-3MB copy and Original size of artwork), and a $10 registration fee.

* Note: All funds raised from the $10 registration fee will be donated directly to the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Singapore.

edm.png