Charging Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

emirates

Aug 29, 2007
Gutter .....
hi guys i have a fuji s series laptop. just bought a new charging adapter, but it refuses to charge. i can only use it when it is plugged into a socket other than that the battery is dead. please help i can't figure out what's the problem. thanks in advance.

hi guys i have a fuji s series laptop. just bought a new charging adapter, but it refuses to charge. i can only use it when it is plugged into a socket other than that the battery is dead. please help i can't figure out what's the problem. thanks in advance.

Ermm... I think you should return the charger to where you bought it from, it is obvious that the charger adaptor is faulty.

might be battery problems

last time happened to me suddenly

ibm/lenovo sent down a new battery and it was fine

May I remind you to be careful where you send your laptop to repair. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

May I remind you to be careful where you send your laptop to repair. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

hmmm.. i think it seems like the it's the battery's fault. last time, i was also facing such probs. not with a new adapter, but with the original one. the batt was dead and could not be charged. when i plugged in the adapter with batt attached as well, the charing light lights up briefly then turns off. batt could not be charged. but with the adapter, laptop can power up.

also, it might be the charging unit in the laptop itself malfunctioned.

so, go back to fuji's service centre and ask them to take a look. if they use another batt on ur laptop and it works (able to power up laptop and charge it with the laptop), then most prob the batt's spoilt.

not very possible, but, maybe, it could be the adapter problem. is the adapter an original one or 3rd party? no matter which it is, as long as the rated output power is exactly the same or similar, shd have no probs.

i surely hope its not the battery problem. any ideal how much it costs to change the battery?
the adapter is brand new i don't think its the problem.

:bsmilie:

make sure you do not have any pictures inside.... or you fear those technicians post them on the net ? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i surely hope its not the battery problem. any ideal how much it costs to change the battery?

i suggest u bring ur laptop to fuji's servicfe centre and let them check if it is the batt problem or the charging unit within the laptop.

if it is confirmed the batt's fault, then u can ask them how much or another one. different brands and models have diff prices. but generally, a standard 6cell batt for most laptops costs $200 - $300.

if u think it is too ex, then u can try visiting and ordering a 3rd aprty one from http://www.batteryproducts.net/batteryproducts/index.jsp (singapore based distro i tink, but products are made overseas)
i ordered and bought mine frm there. free delivery. email them for price quote and order. got mine for 1/2 the price of the original. and the batt i got is made in korea (as opposed to made in china for the original one).
had been using for close to a yr. no probs so far.

it really depends

to get a rough idea just visit your friendly website.. different brands charge differently

or just look at the model number and search on yahoo auctions/ebay that should give you a rough idea of how much your battery will cost! asking how much the battery would cost is like asking us how much a camera would cost. got so many variety.. how we tell you!

it really depends

to get a rough idea just visit your friendly website.. different brands charge differently

or just look at the model number and search on yahoo auctions/ebay that should give you a rough idea of how much your battery will cost! asking how much the battery would cost is like asking us how much a camera would cost. got so many variety.. how we tell you!

how much a camera cost!?! in Singapore $$$$$$ lots! anyway thanks i'll go sort things out! how long dose it take your laptop to charge, probly i just have to give it a clean and some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.