Charging Eneloop batteries with GP Recyko charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erikkson

Apr 6, 2009
Hello everyone, I got my GP Recyko batteries and charger when I bought my camera.

I separately bought a set of 4 Eneloop batteries. Can I charge the Eneloop batteries with the GP Recyko charger?

Thanks.

Can, no worries.

i have 1 charger for sanyo, another for GP Recyko, and 1 for GP powerbank, never dare to mix the battery :sweat::cry:

i have 1 charger for sanyo, another for GP Recyko, and 1 for GP powerbank, never dare to mix the battery :sweat::cry:

That's what every sales man likes to hear :) More sales, a new charger for every little tube with different label but identical technology inside. Look at the descriptions / manual of your charger, then compare with the fine print on your batteries. If charger manual says "suitable for NiMH" and your battery is NiMH type ... there you go.

Hey people, thanks for the replies. I bought the Eneloop batteries without the charger at Alan Photo because the salesperson was nice enough to advise the batteries didn't need a dedicated Eneloop charger, so I just came here to double-check with you guys. :)

Hey people, thanks for the replies. I bought the Eneloop batteries without the charger at Alan Photo because the salesperson was nice enough to advise the batteries didn't need a dedicated Eneloop charger, so I just came here to double-check with you guys. :)

that's a nice salesman.

The salesman is right. Don't worry.

Wow.. is that the result of this SLS initiative of being polite nowadays?

Wow.. is that the result of this SLS initiative of being polite nowadays?

Hi Octarine, Alan Photo in Sim Lim Sq is generally quite ok in service standards.

By the way guys, I charged the Eneloop batteries with my Recyko battery charger and it felt pretty hot :bigeyes:

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks.

Hi Octarine, Alan Photo in Sim Lim Sq is generally quite ok in service standards.

By the way guys, I charged the Eneloop batteries with my Recyko battery charger and it felt pretty hot :bigeyes:

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks.

is it a quick charger.
quick chargers usually tend to reduce the recycle count of the battery due to the heat. from what i've heard

My advise is to invest in a good charger. I bought a MAHA multi size charger and realised that a good charger can make so much difference in the life and power of Ni-MH batteries. I use it for normal Ni-MH as well as low discharge types (Eneloop, Imedion, etc).

My advise is to invest in a good charger. I bought a MAHA multi size charger and realised that a good charger can make so much difference in the life and power of Ni-MH batteries. I use it for normal Ni-MH as well as low discharge types (Eneloop, Imedion, etc).

Yes agreed with you... invest in a good charger

Thanks. Where do i buy a MAHA charger?
I bought the Eneloop batteries without their charger thinking I can do with the Recyko charger to charge the Eneloops, but now it seems it isn't the case.
Is there anyone who sells the Eneloop charger without the batteries? :dunno:

I bought the Eneloop batteries without their charger thinking I can do with the Recyko charger to charge the Eneloops, but now it seems it isn't the case.
i bought my chargers from eastgear here and i would recommend the maha chargers. personally using the C401 at home and C800S in the office

maha charger can be gotten from EASTGEAR,

near lavender mrt station, do a search and you can find it easily.

once in a while, rejuvenate the batteries, find a maha charger with that option, it will discharge your nimhs and then charge them up to full, works wonders for the battery life

I saw some people selling eneloop chargers out there. Btw I heard that Maha is one of the better brand out there. it does a pro level of refresh individual charge.
I have an eneloop usb slow charger for 2aa battery if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.