Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back and bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performance looks interesting, Quantum cables CO5 and Nikon CKE for both my main flash units can work with this unit. Last thing is price and I am sold.

Last question : Availability?

CD 2x2 "Number of Shots: Up to 1500."

But at what output? All at full power? It's hard to compare the performance of this new battery pack with the Quantum packs without knowing this little but crucial information. I just hope it will live up to its claim and priced more attractively. Quantum Turbo 2x2 specs indicate 700 shots for full power flashes & from my experience using Quantum Turbo (not the Turbo 2x2), their claimed capacities are quite accurate (not over rated).

confirm priced very affordably, and good support too. =)

Another item added to BBB list??? :devil:

ok a quick word on the camera and flash compatible cables, i just found out that they are using the same OEM cables as Quantum, so for those who already use them, you can "re-cycle" them on the CD-2X2. EG may not be bringing in a whole range of cables for all cameras & flashes, just the common ones, for reason of scale of economies (it costs a lot of $$$ to R&D these things)...

also, it solves the question of available cables... whatever Quantum uses, this is able to use as well so check www.qtm.com for compatibility.

ok a quick word on the camera and flash compatible cables, i just found out that they are using the same OEM cables as Quantum, so for those who already use them, you can "re-cycle" them on the CD-2X2. EG may not be bringing in a whole range of cables for all cameras & flashes, just the common ones, for reason of scale of economies (it costs a lot of $$$ to R&D these things)...

also, it solves the question of available cables... whatever Quantum uses, this is able to use as well so check www.qtm.com for compatibility.

thnx, larry! do let us know soon which are available? :)

hehe.. OT: next one can ask EG's people to do R&D on quantum's QFlash bare-bulb flash system.... :devil:
http://www.qtm.com/QFlash/?res_set=yes&res=1024&resh=768

went down to eastgear...was told the price of this gadget is around 1k region

Hmm... that is not way cheaper than Quantum. Well...

4400mAh, 11.1V
That's about the capacity of fifteen 2700mAh AA batteries.

if the price is $1000, then it would be about 13.3 times the price of 15x 2700mAh AA batteries.

i think that says " GAME OVER"

no need to proceed any further
Jam brakes already
$1000 for battery only , cables buy separately ?

absolutely no go

relax lah people... the people at EG hasn't officially state the price.

meantime... just pray it's cheaper than quantum...
pop.gif

very interested too...but i want to know how long can the thing hold its charge when not in use...(ie self-discharge rate)
Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries hold charge quite well. Some say they take twice as long to self-discharge as equivalent NiMH batteries. YMMV.

Is the battery replaceable? and how much? How many re-charging can it take? How does it compare to quantum for these 3 questions?

Is the battery replaceable? and how much? How many re-charging can it take? How does it compare to quantum for these 3 questions?

It's Li-poly so I doubt it's an off-the-shelf replaceable. Probably have to get replacements from EG themselves.
Personally, if were to go Li-poly, I'd prefer a design like the Turbo Compact for non-tethered shooting.

went down to eastgear...was told the price of this gadget is around 1k region
erm, not sure who told you but I don't think you got the right info. the initial price estimates (sorry I can't really get into details) i got was nowhere near $1k (which is the price of the Quantum 2X2). it's never been EG's policy to price items so high anyway but to make it more affordable for photographers to enjoy.

anyway let's just wait for the confirmed price to be out and product to be launched officially...

Status
Not open for further replies.