Not open for further replies.

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
EG_100x280_b.jpg

the question is , Where can I get this ?
it's available from Eastgear, not sure about availability.

i tested the prototype, linked via cable to my Canon speedlight (same way as CP-E2/3). the refresh rate is super fast, under 1s as compared to fully charged CP-E2. not sure about the rate for Nikon speedlights, but I presume it's the same... operation is v easy, just plug and use. it's also v light as well, compared to some of the Quantum power packs around.

feel free to drop questions here and i'll try to answer them if the Eastgear folks are not around...

it's available from Eastgear, not sure about availability.

i tested the prototype, linked via cable to my Canon speedlight (same way as CP-E2/3). the refresh rate is super fast, under 1s as compared to fully charged CP-E2. not sure about the rate for Nikon speedlights, but I presume it's the same... operation is v easy, just plug and use. it's also v light as well, compared to some of the Quantum power packs around.

feel free to drop questions here and i'll try to answer them if the Eastgear folks are not around...

I believe the same for Nikon flash too. But Battery pack for nikon isnt exactly that fast persay.
okie .. down to the questioning .. hehe.
1) If Eastgear is retailing this battery pack, Do they selling the compartible cord for dfferent flash system and do they selling charger along with the battery.. Usually they do.

2) The price - How much.

3) base on the Pic . i wasnt able to see any carrying handle for the battery. so i am not sure about that.

1) If Eastgear is retailing this battery pack, Do they selling the compartible cord for dfferent flash system and do they selling charger along with the battery.. Usually they do.

2) The price - How much.

3) base on the Pic . i wasnt able to see any carrying handle for the battery. so i am not sure about that.

To answer to best of my knowledge...

1. Yes there's a range of compatible cables (at the very least, Canon & Nikon to start off with). It'll be bundled with the battery pack on purchase (one per pack, same as Quantum). additional cables will be available for purchase as well (not sure about price).

2. price, i cannot comment (cos i not EG staff) but should be way cheaper than a similar product from Quantum.

3. there's no carrying handle on the pack itself, but Eastgear is designing a pouch that'll come with the batt pack and can clip onto a belt.

any comparison against Quantum 2x2? since its like its immediate competitor.

oh yah .. but this is still consider as a 3rd party against the original.

if it is so good or better.. than I believe that the Cost is goign to be the same also. which defeat the purpose of coming out with a cheaper alternative

oh yah .. but this is still consider as a 3rd party against the original.

if it is so good or better.. than I believe that the Cost is goign to be the same also. which defeat the purpose of coming out with a cheaper alternative

if its cheaper with equal performance, then good enuff liao...
if its cheaper with better performance, then must buy liao...
if its same price with better performance, then its under consideration only.

any comparison against Quantum 2x2? since its like its immediate competitor.

hmmm ok not sure if i'll get into trouble for this... just a rough comparison based on specs...
Quantum's specs as found on their website
http://www.qtm.com/Turbo/?res_set=yes&res=1280&resh=1024

Recycling Speed (Shoe-mounted flashes, full power)
CD-2x2 - 1s
QTM 2x2 - 1s

No. of shots (Shoe-mounted flashes)
CD-2x2 - Up to 1500
QTM 2x2 - 700

Recharging time
CD-2x2 - 2.5 hours
QTM 2x2 - 3 hours

Weight
CD-2x2 - 650g
QTM 2x2 - 900g

Dimensions
CD-2x2 - 160 x 88 x 38mm
QTM 2x2 - 160 x 100 x 45mm

hmm... interesting. quantum packs use nickle metal hydride cells, while this uses li-ion. supposedly li-ion packs more charge/weight compared to ni-hi, IIRC.

worth a look when it comes out on EG. i hope they have a cable (SD10 on quantum 2x2) for the D200. :)

hmm... interesting. quantum packs use nickle metal hydride cells, while this uses li-ion. supposedly li-ion packs more charge/weight compared to ni-hi, IIRC.

yeah that's why the weight and power output got a big difference... price-wise i have it on good authority that it'll definitely be quite a bit cheaper than the equiv Quantum 2x2...

yeah that's why the weight and power output got a big difference... price-wise i have it on good authority that it'll definitely be quite a bit cheaper than the equiv Quantum 2x2...

thnx, larry! erm... can you pls ask the folks at EG bring in the camera cables too, apart from the flash cables? :heart:

thnx, larry! erm... can you pls ask the folks at EG bring in the camera cables too, apart from the flash cables? :heart:

if i not wrong, there's def plans to develop the camera-compatible cables for this product. but anyway i will feedback to EG (they'll prob read this anyway, haha).

Aiyo, now then come out.......argh.

well.. i believe the pricing would be a factor most would be concerned with.

but i am interested. maybe if cant reveal the pricing, can prolly PM me on the price ? :dunno:

if i not wrong, there's def plans to develop the camera-compatible cables for this product. but anyway i will feedback to EG (they'll prob read this anyway, haha).

dat would be great! do keep us posted as to which of the camera cables are available when the batt comes on sale? :)

Damn interested...now hoping the price is not too ex....

Status
Not open for further replies.