Charged Extra by Watch Trend & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtytripod

Nov 5, 2005
Westside \/\/
WAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Just now i went to Watch Trend & Co at Jurong East MRT, it sells what else but watches. Wanted to buy this Swatch that my gf liked, list price was $109, asked for discount, he said 10%, but managed to get it down to $95. Then I went and paid by NETS, and he charged me the list price! Do i have a case here? He gave me two receipts, one for my nets purchase which was $109, which i admit i didn't check, and an official shop receipt for $95. How ah? I only found out when i went to check my transaction history. wah very angry ah! maybe it was a genuine mistake on his part. it's a warning to everyone to check your receipts! :angry:

evidence1.jpg

i think u go back the shop first and quarrel with them to get back the $10 first..if they refuse, then think of the next step..

haven't man because the official shop receipt is with my gf who is back in jb already.

kcuf2 said:
i think u go back the shop first and quarrel with them to get back the $10 first..if they refuse, then think of the next step..
it's $14 man! and ya i think i will do that. anybody got CASE's number? heh. it's not so much the amount as the act! and this is a note of warning to you guys not to patronise that shop. tsk. do this kind of business will get retribution one.

no la..its not a matter of $14..its a matter of cheating. even if its $0.10, it also reflect badly on their integrity..

i think at the moment without the receipt, its hard for u to go back and quarrel leh..abt how many days it will take to get the receipt from ur gf?

you should bring the receipt back to the shop,CASE will only step in when the shop owner refuse to return the balance.
It's not just the fault of the shop but also your fault for not checking.

yeap, i can only go back on tuesday earliest. and i already say it's my mistake man zaxh.

zaxh81 said:
you should bring the receipt back to the shop,CASE will only step in when the shop owner refuse to return the balance.

agree... let them have the benefit of doubt b4 naming them as cheaters... else u might end up with a defamation case against them... it might just be an honest mistake and its easily rectified...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
agree... let them have the benefit of doubt b4 naming them as cheaters... else u might end up with a defamation case against them... it might just be an honest mistake and its easily rectified...

ok then i shall change the title of the thread heheh.

is your friend a foreigner? if so, get her to lodge a report with CASE. DO NOT go to case if you a sillyzen of this country for it will act if a tourist is involved.

zaxh81 said:

kiwitan said:
is your friend a foreigner? if so, get her to lodge a report with CASE. DO NOT go to case if you a sillyzen of this country for it will act if a tourist is involved.

payment done by nets, so lppl lah...

This is bad but I think you also have the responsibility to check the amount before you key in your pin right. Don't tell me you just blindly key in the pin without confirming the amount? Like that you will lose more money one day.:bsmilie:

jbma said:
This is bad but I think you also have the responsibility to check the amount before you key in your pin right. Don't tell me you just blindly key in the pin without confirming the amount? Like that you will lose more money one day.:bsmilie:

hahah ya i was in a hurry..too bad lah. i went to the swatch shop at jp also quote $109. somemore sure cannot bargain.

I think this thread is a waste of bandwidth. Just go back to the shop and sort out the discrepancy instead of posting such trivial matters here. Can't believe you actually took the time and effort to get a screen capture of your posb page...

I don't think that it is the fault of the threadstarter to "check the amount". Yes it is good to check to prevent such "mistakes" - but if the merchant refuses to refund the extra, then the merchant is clearly is in the wrong. THe merchant can't very well turn around and say "You never check, so your problem".

If you have problems getting the original receipt, get your friend to scan a copy for you and print it out and bring to the shop. If it challenges the authenticity of the receipt, get a promise (written if possible) that they will refund the amount once you bring the original receipt (ie the issue is the receipt, not the refund).

This is better than waiting and waiting for your original receipt to arrive.

doubt much can be done if you go to Case.
Firstly they did not over charge based on retail price. If they charge you $200 for it then you have a clear case against the shop.
Next, its your word against theirs, no prove that they agree to lower the price.

Just go back with receipt and talk to the person who served you and see if you can get it back. If not, too bad.
Learn your lesson and move on. Luckily didnt make mistake and charge you $1109 :sweat:

I may be mistaken, but doesn't the fact that the original receipt and the nets receipt showing a discrepancy already shows that there is a mistake in the nets charge? The issue isn't so much whether there is a discount or otherwise. The strategy to pursue is more of wrong charging rather than not honouring discount.

gryphon said:
doubt much can be done if you go to Case.
Firstly they did not over charge based on retail price. If they charge you $200 for it then you have a clear case against the shop.
Next, its your word against theirs, no prove that they agree to lower the price.

Just go back with receipt and talk to the person who served you and see if you can get it back. If not, too bad.
Learn your lesson and move on. Luckily didnt make mistake and charge you $1109 :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.