Changing of Stainless steel windows rivets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
hi,

just saw the news and got to know that we must change the existing rivets to stainless steel ones...

Does anyone know the cost to change ?

Is there a market rate ?

appreciate any advise :thumbsup:

kex said:
hi,

just saw the news and got to know that we must change the existing rivets to stainless steel ones...

Is there a market rate ?

About 50cents per rivet

i'm not sure abt fix prices. get yr town council for help. they will have a list of appointed contractors for yr estate.
however all windows installed after 2000 are likely to have the SS rivets in place. hence not affected

i'm not sure abt fix prices. get yr town council for help. they will have a list of appointed contractors for yr estate.
however all windows installed after 2000 are likely to have the SS rivets in place. hence not affected

okok thanks for the tips !

will call town council 2moro for assistance,50cts each is still affordable :)

Thanks again!

please make sure that you NEED to change the window rivets before making any commitment with contractors, lots of dishonest practices around. if anyone claims to be from HDB/HDB registered contractor wanting to check your windows, do ask for their passes and verify by calling your nearest HDB branch office (check HDB website, go to 'Contact Us' at the top banner and go to 'HDB Branch Offices') ... and when they check your windows make sure they don't do anything funny to your windows.

i heard only those windows opening out need to change the rivets,those sliding type no need to change,issit true?

anyone can verify?

thanks!

only casement windows are required to change. sliding windows not impacted.

kex said:
i heard only those windows opening out need to change the rivets,those sliding type no need to change,issit true?

anyone can verify?

thanks!

The costs of the rivets may be cheap. But don't forget to factor in the labour costs, transport cost of the contractor.

It may not end up as 50 cents per rivet.

confirm with town council first. they'll know which block needs to retrofit. if u ask contractor, they'll tell you everything needs to be changed, including the whole window. hehehe

kex said:
hi,

Is there a market rate ?

I got the following quotation about 2 weeks ago:
One-time service charge: $15
Changing of rivets: $21 per panel

I did not take up the offer in the end as after checking with Woodlands' HDB Branch Office, I was told that the windows need not have the rivets changed.

jtnet said:

How are the inspectors (if any) gonna know how old are your windows?

kex said:

anyone can verify?

thanks!

true
changed mine 2 weeks ago
very reasonable price
govt goodwill replacement
i pay 1/2 of the price = $75
very good workmen
tipped both of them $10 each
lots of work
seasoned workers 2hours 40 minutes
if not seasoned workers will take 4 hours
I have lots of windows and lots of panels
some CS member here was quoted $21 per panel ? wow! if pay like this, in my case may add up to at least $650 !
think he is getting kertok by cheeky businessmen

I just changed for 6 window panes cost about $130

redstone said:
How are the inspectors (if any) gonna know how old are your windows?
It's not important to know the age of the windows.
As long as it is not tighten with stainless riverts, it must be change.

called alot of contractors listed on the HDB website,most never answer the call..

those that answered are either fully scheduled or dun do it..

sudden windfall for those windows contractors !

kex said:
called alot of contractors listed on the HDB website,most never answer the call..

those that answered are either fully scheduled or dun do it..

sudden windfall for those windows contractors !

your window rivets need to be changed? maybe try calling your town council, or the nearest HDB branch office, according to the news i saw on TV last night apparently the authorities have instructed them to give assistance to those who need to retrofit the rivets before the deadline.

kex said:
those that answered are either fully scheduled or dun do it.

What about those staying at private condos? Do they have to change their rivets by this month end too?

Why I am asking is that if the answer is YES, then the contractors will be more busy as there will be more people looking for them. If the answer is NO, then at least those at the private condos will not be rushing to replace them at this 'peak' period too.

Status
Not open for further replies.